If you had $100 at headroom. . .
Oct 9, 2002 at 2:47 AM Post #16 of 25
$100 at Headroom? The good stuff is more expensive. Best bet is to buy $100 of the best liquor you can find and show up on Tyll's doorstep. Maybe he's generous when he's plastered...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 9, 2002 at 5:19 AM Post #19 of 25
$50 CASH could go a long ways on a date at your age you know. Think about it... two pizza buffets: $10. Bribing the bum at the liquor store: $5. Bottle of MadDog: $8. One night for two at Motel 6: $27. Getting to third base with a underaged chick prior to senior prom: priceless.

Oct 9, 2002 at 7:43 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
btw, how are clou blues? Would it be worth it?

They're a definite improvement over the stock cables, but IMO nowhere near as good as the
Cardas... and you'll end up upgrading them later anyways
wink.gif

You could always go for a pair of Senn HD 280 Pro -- a nice, closed headphone.

Oct 9, 2002 at 1:24 PM Post #21 of 25
IMO, the Grado SR80s would be a very good choice if you're willing to mod the earpads. An IC upgrade would also be an excellent choice.

For another idea though, consider the Beyerdynamic DT231s for portable use. Personally, I like the look of their FR curve.

HeadRoom - Beyerdynamic DT 231

Beyerdynamic - Beyerdynamic DT 231

TravelLite

Oct 9, 2002 at 1:43 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
$50 CASH could go a long ways on a date at your age you know. Think about it... two pizza buffets: $10. Bribing the bum at the liquor store: $5. Bottle of MadDog: $8. One night for two at Motel 6: $27. Getting to third base with a underaged chick prior to senior prom: priceless.

hahaha. go with kelly's $50 kid! that's good advice!

Oct 9, 2002 at 3:53 PM Post #23 of 25
100bucks- I'd show up at the door with a couple cases of good cold beer and try to talk Tyll into springing for some pizza's. Them people would be fun to party with!

Oct 9, 2002 at 9:36 PM Post #24 of 25
Hmm, let's think. If I get the $50 from kelly, I can drive to a liquor store downtown, and find a bum. I'm sure the bum can be had for $5-10(I mean, that's a bottle of wine/some beer!), and the bum can buy me some liquor. Being Polish, I'll stick to my ethnicity, and pick up some Vodka. Now, I show up at Tyll's house, and let him have a ball.
biggrin.gif
I'm sure he'd end up being very generous!
wink.gif

WAIT. Damn, this idea doesn't play out. I'm in Pittsburgh. Tyll is in Montanta. . .
frown.gif

Oct 10, 2002 at 5:11 AM Post #25 of 25
i didn't read all the posts but you could always buy some headroom shirts or something....

(then maybe u could talk em into paying u to advertize and get free cardas...hey its a plan...)

ray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back