If you could only keep ONE of your current headphones, which would it be?
Jan 31, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #16 of 35
My Grado SR225i. It is not a good all 'round headphone but it is the only one that I prefer for listening to jazz,which I listen to a lot.

Feb 1, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #19 of 35
That's easy.  Ultrasone Edition 8 LE.  It fits all purposes, portable, home, and cups make it even comfortable when lying back on a pillow in bed or couch.  Fairly easy to drive too, as my  headphones go.  I have liked the sound since i previewed them prerelease too.

Feb 1, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #20 of 35
Beyerdynamic T51p. They are compact enough and isolate well enough that I can use them for travel and at the gym. They also sound good directly plugged directly into an iPod or iPhone but sound good enough that they can be used at home with my headphone amps.

Feb 1, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #21 of 35
My Grado SR225i. It is not a good all 'round headphone but it is the only one that I prefer for listening to jazz,which I listen to a lot.

Have to agree. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 1, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #22 of 35
For now, it would be my German Maestro GMP 400, much better all rounders that my Piano Forte X-G and other headphones I have.

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #27 of 35

Wow, those must be impressive if they can beat STAX and the K812. What do you like about them more?

The Mikros 90 are, to my ears, the most holistic-, balanced- and natural-sounding jack-of-all-trades headphones in my collection.  They simply do everything well to my ears.
Also, the money I have put into the Stax, AKGs and Oppos raises my overall expectations, expectations which each of these fine TOTLs--under warranted scrutiny--does not rise to in one respect or another.
The Mikros 90, for the money, have consistently exceeded my expectations.
Its (a) the best-bang-for-the-buck in mid-fi versus (b) the diminishing-returns-on-the-buck uber-fi.
At heart, I think I have always been an "(a)" type of head-fier.
smile_phones.gif

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #28 of 35
  The Mikros 90 are, to my ears, the most holistic-, balanced- and natural-sounding jack-of-all-trades headphones in my collection.  They simply do everything well to my ears.
Also, the money I have put into the Stax, AKGs and Oppos raises my overall expectations, expectations which each of these fine TOTLs--under warranted scrutiny--does not rise to in one respect or another.
The Mikros 90, for the money, have consistently exceeded my expectations.
Its (a) the best-bang-for-the-buck in mid-fi versus (b) the diminishing-returns-on-the-buck uber-fi.
At heart, I think I have always been an "(a)" type of head-fier.
smile_phones.gif

But I mean, strictly in terms of sound quality, what do you like less about the SR-507 and K812? I plan on buying the SR-207 soon.

Mar 11, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #29 of 35

But I mean, strictly in terms of sound quality, what do you like less about the SR-507 and K812? I plan on buying the SR-207 soon.

Between my more expensive headphones:
(1) PM-1/bass better on MLs
(2) K812/better tonal and dynamic balance with the MLs
(3) SR-507/more natural, balanced presentation with the MLs

I found the SR-507 bright, in fact a little harsh in the upper-mids/lower-treble.
Incidentally, I liked the KingSound H-03 electrostatics [a lot] more than the Stax SR-507.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back