If you could make your own video game what would it be?
Feb 23, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was playing Crackdown last night and thought damn this would be cool if they made a Star Wars game like this... GTA, Crackdown, Mercenaries, etc. open environment.

You of course would be a rouge Jedi who can upgrade skills like Force jump, Force push, Force hold (to lift and throw enemies or objects) along with your saber skills that could eventually move to double edged or dual saber (ala Jedi Outcast). You could also have the option of catching objects thrown at you such as thermal detonators and hurl them back at the enemy (ala Psi-Ops). Bosses would range from mutants, super droids to Sith. The streets would have a variety of speeders to speeder-jack. The environment could be something of a hybrid of Coruscant, Naboo, and maybe Hoth or Endor. Missions would vary and determine your dark or light force powers.

So what would your ideal game be?

That will be awesome, send your idea to rockstar, hopefully they're interested.

Feb 23, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It'll never happen, since Lucasarts has too much of a vested interest in the franchise (KOTOR excepted, of course). Now on the other hand, Mercenaries was developed by Lucasarts, and has a "sandbox" concept/game engine...

hmm....

Feb 23, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #21 of 27
when did this come out? i may have to invest a few evenings in this. might have to look for this this weekend. of course my lappy will have a heart attack trying to run it...
frown.gif

Feb 23, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just emailed Lucas Arts... think they'll start working on it today
icon10.gif

Feb 23, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by rkivie2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wish Black Isle Studios never got shut down - so they could continue the development of their version of Fallout 3.

Not sure what Bethesda (who now has the rights to produce Fallout 3) will be coming up with, but I actually purchased an XBOX 360 to see what the hype about Oblivion was about. I sold off the whole system 3 weeks later without even finishing the game.

In December of 2003, in the midst of serious financial difficulties, Interplay laid off the entire Black Isle Studios staff. As of 2005, Interplay has neither explained the move nor clarified what the future holds for Black Isle Studios, but considering the fact that Interplay itself is now a company in serious financial straits, the future of Black Isle is grim indeed. Many former Black Isle Studios employees now work at Obsidian Entertainment

Feb 23, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
street fighter II: championship edition. in online tournament format. that is all.
evil_smiley.gif

ditto. I'm a Street Fighter fiend.

But for something a bit different, a game that encourages me to retaliate against obnoxious cell phone users.

I'm thinking bullhorns at close range........
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 23, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when did this come out? i may have to invest a few evenings in this. might have to look for this this weekend. of course my lappy will have a heart attack trying to run it...
frown.gif

It came out Wednesday and yes, unfortunately it is VERY resource hungry. Good luck!

Feb 23, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #26 of 27
I got a A64 3200 with 1.25 gig of ram and a radeon xpress 200m which i feel will be the weakspot. otherwise i should be ok
smily_headphones1.gif
just turn the eyecandy down to a basic level.. it's an rts, i don't need specular highlights ya know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back