If you could choose only one - L3000 or PS-1?
Oct 29, 2005 at 2:22 AM Post #46 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Have you managed to buy a set?
confused.gif

Nah, Cattylink threw 'em in with my E5. You think I'd actually pay for those things??

grados008.jpg

grados009.jpg

EastsoundE5042.jpg

Oct 29, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #48 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
KenW>So how do you find the Ps-1's? How do you find them to your hd650 and rs-1

Still a bit early but I will admit to being somewhat taken aback by the bass. I'd heard of it and read about it but for some reason, hearing that sort of bass from a grado did surprise me.

I'll need some time to really sit down and give a good listen and do some headphone swapping to see how I really feel about it.

Right now, I'm in the middle of a move and that will end my listening for the next several days. Then I'll get a chance for some intimate moments with my new Grados.

Mar 24, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #50 of 121
I would have choosen the ATH-L3000. No questions asked!

Mar 24, 2007 at 6:28 PM Post #53 of 121
mmm L3000 definitely.

Btw what's the deal with the Green vs Tan L3000s. How many of each were produced?

Mar 24, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #54 of 121
To the above poster: 500 tan 50 green.

I'm not sure which I would prefer. They both have theyre strengths and weaknesses and I think it really comes down to preference for that rock headphone. I also think they kind of embody their respective cultures: the raunchy kick-ass American, versus the graceful elegant Japanese
smily_headphones1.gif
. The L3000 does EVERYTHING well but I feel that you can find a headphone that outperforms it in each specific genre. That being said, I probably wouldn't own both and would rather have one and a very different type of headphone to compliment it (R10, K1000, Qualia etc...) Oh wait...
cool.gif

Mar 24, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #56 of 121
I deal drugs
wink.gif

Seriously though, I work maybe 10-15 hours a week with an average pay of 10 dollars an hour. I have 2 part time jobs and babysit on the side. I've made a little bit dabbling in investing. Everything I own has been payed with by my own hardwork. I enjoy this stuff and decided I wanted to build an ultra-fi rig before I'm out of highschool and I'm doing it. Its just a matter of discipline.
icon10.gif

Btw, sold the K1000s to afford the Qualias. Eventually I plan on reviewing the Qualias and I'll discuss why in more detail.

Sorry for thread crapping.
frown.gif

Mar 24, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #57 of 121
Of course, being that young, its easier to save up your hard earned savings that way. Tobacco, alcohol and the other vices wont have corrupted you yet.

At least, I assume not.

OT, I'd have the Green L3000 please.

Mar 25, 2007 at 5:33 AM Post #60 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course, being that young, its easier to save up your hard earned savings that way. Tobacco, alcohol and the other vices wont have corrupted you yet.

At least, I assume not.

OT, I'd have the Green L3000 please.

Well, I'am 19 this year and that's a year above the legal age in the place i stay to obtain Tobacco alcohol and other vices. But I dare say I'am not a single bit corrupted by them. I don't smoke and drink just occasionally when out with friends. I think it all boils down to having a good discipline.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back