If you could choose between the 530's and the PFE's...
Mar 12, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #121 of 207
One final question I had, regarding the 530's durability:
During the short time that I had them, I noticed that the black rubber thing, from which the cable emerges, has a rather loose hole. That is, the cable is not tightly held secure by the rubber protector... and in fact is loose enough that I'm worried about water or rain getting in there. Has anyone had an issue with this?

I'm sorry that my description is so vague, I'll reclarify if anyone needs it.

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #122 of 207
Wow, what an AWESOME thread! Pies are being thrown... people are making decisions based on convenience, and a dude named mark said this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the op was asking which we would buy and for me id buy the 530 over the pfe.

...um... according to your sig, you already DID buy the 530s? (Unbiased?)

Well... This thread helped me alot! I think I'm going to get the PFEs!!

Thanks everyone!

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #123 of 207
Yeah, this thread is pure awesomeness... even having the Phonaks currently, it makes me never want to listen to them again with all the lame over-the-top hyping of them here.

Mar 12, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #124 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by oarnura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude get over yourself.

My friend (oarnura), I have read a number of your recent posts...and you are always seem to be attacking people who do not agree with you. Why?

The best IEMs are not simply just the one's you have. Please try to have an open mind to other people's opinions, especially those who have tried a handful of IEMS.

Mar 12, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #125 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, this thread is pure awesomeness... even having the Phonaks currently, it makes me never want to listen to them again with all the lame over-the-top hyping of them here.

hyped? hyped? HYPED? Thay are in no way hyped. They are pure more badass than jesus walking on water. Totally worth more than their price. They are the best ever. EVER!

and btw, I've got a pair to sell, interested?

Mar 12, 2009 at 12:37 PM Post #127 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are pure more badass than jesus walking on water.

Please leave Jesus out of this thread, sir, I don't think he'd be pleased with some of our behavior.

Sirs, can anyone answer the OP's question a few posts prior? If I get a good answer, I promise I'll just leave and let you all commence pie-throwing as you were.

Mar 12, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #128 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosoupforyou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
During the short time that I had them, I noticed that the black rubber thing, from which the cable emerges, has a rather loose hole. That is, the cable is not tightly held secure by the rubber protector... and in fact is loose enough that I'm worried about water or rain getting in there. Has anyone had an issue with this?

Well for one, I wouldn't really use the 530's in the pouring rain or anything. If anything I would have a hoodie or umbrella over it, in which case they should stay relatively safe. The gap is there so there is definitely a potential of the water trickling in and damaging the drivers, and while it wouldn't instantly disintegrate at the touch of one water drop or anything, I wouldn't take big risks with it. I'd reckon they made it a bit loose so that the wires would be more flexible over your ears. But as for first hand stories with such case, I've never heard of one here or anywhere else for that matter.

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #129 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by oak3x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My friend (oarnura), I have read a number of your recent posts...and you are always seem to be attacking people who do not agree with you. Why?

The best IEMs are not simply just the one's you have. Please try to have an open mind to other people's opinions, especially those who have tried a handful of IEMS.

I haven't attacked anyone that disagreed with me. I am trying to tell mark that if he hasn't personally heard something he should refrain from making negative comments about them.

I'd do the same if some one had said the SE530 were crap and hadn't heard them. The problem here is the OP asked for an opinion, suddenly people jump in that have never heard one of the IEMs in question and start posting negative comments about them with no real experience and hearsay. This is a disservice to the person asking the question.

I have 4-5 IEMs So really If I only had the Phonak your point would be valid. I have also recommended other IEMs to people that didn't like the Phonak. You really shouldn't judge me by this thread.

You have posted you preference for the ER4p and the SE530(in this very thread) over the PFE. Did I attack you or even respond to you? NO. Because you were articulate about your reasoning and your post would actually help someone.

So please stay out of it.

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #130 of 207
Oarnura and I do not have a problem with people who don't like the IEMS we own, nor do we have a problem with people recommending certain IEMS.

What we do have a problem with is people giving poor information, or misinformation, as well as less than considerate critiques.

These forums should be a constructive place where people can express their discontent within reason with certain products, ask for advice on certain products and find good information. If you don't like something, explain what you didn't like in some manner which isn't rude.

If you have not heard a certain product, you should not be telling people not to get it. You also should not be recommending the same IEMS almost every single time someone asks. This is for people in general. I'm not a mod, and I really have no intention of becoming one but if people could follow certain rules it would make headfi a much better place.

Some people don't seem to think saying something sucks and sounds like crap is rude. Personally if someone offered me something that was of their taste and I told them it was garbage I would be offended and consider that rude if I offered the suggestion/item.

There's are two primary ways of voicing your displeasure. You can be courteous "Well, I tried them and it wasn't really my thing. I would have preferred more bass and just a different sound." and "They really sucked. The bass was awful, they made my ears bleed. Don't get them unless you're going to amp them because without one they sound like crap."

I'll leave it up to you to decide which seems more appropriate. If someone is courteous I think people will almost always be the same way in return. If someone is abrasive, expect to be treated in kind.

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #131 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosoupforyou /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In 2 years of owning e500/e530, my left nozzle came off - shure sent me a brand new pair of se530 -I had se500. And the rubber around the right earpiece split where the cable goes in to the body and shure sent me a new pair. Have no worries, if there is a problem shure will fix it. And yes I actually have worn them in a light sprinkle for short periods of time and the were OK. Not that I would recommend that
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #132 of 207
This thread reminded me of this pic:

arguingOnTheInternet.gif

Just give it a rest.

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #133 of 207
Anyone that says either of these IEMs suck or complains about them being over hyped should probably be disregarded. It's simply not true for either of these IEMs.

They both were hyped when they were released. They both deserve the hype. My only problem with the E530s was the lack of highs. Personally, the highs are more important to me than bass extension. For many the smoothness that the rolled off highs can create is worth it, and they might not miss them and enjoy the E530s.

I own both of these IEMs currently, and they are both very very good. The only determination that you have to make is based on personal taste.

I think a lot of people that post here may not consider their long term reputation. They also may not realize that many might read their posts that bash a certain IEM and consider them untrustworthy when reading their impressions down the road. It is very transparent which ones give an honest opinion and which ones here simply bash something they either haven't heard or don't personally gel with.

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #134 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by oarnura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't attacked anyone that disagreed with me. I am trying to tell mark that if he hasn't personally heard something he should refrain from making negative comments about them.

I'd do the same if some one had said the SE530 were crap and hadn't heard them. The problem here is the OP asked for an opinion, suddenly people jump in that have never heard one of the IEMs in question and start posting negative comments about them with no real experience and hearsay. This is a disservice to the person asking the question.

I have 4-5 IEMs So really If I only had the Phonak your point would be valid. I have also recommended other IEMs to people that didn't like the Phonak. You really shouldn't judge me by this thread.

You have posted you preference for the ER4p and the SE530(in this very thread) over the PFE. Did I attack you or even respond to you? NO. Because you were articulate about your reasoning and your post would actually help someone.

So please stay out of it.

oarnura, hope you don't mind me jumping in here, but I have to say I have seen you recommend other IEMs. And all the debates from you come when other posters give misleading info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oarnura and I do not have a problem with people who don't like the IEMS we own, nor do we have a problem with people recommending certain IEMS.

What we do have a problem with is people giving poor information, or misinformation, as well as less than considerate critiques.

These forums should be a constructive place where people can express their discontent within reason with certain products, ask for advice on certain products and find good information. If you don't like something, explain what you didn't like in some manner which isn't rude.

If you have not heard a certain product, you should not be telling people not to get it. You also should not be recommending the same IEMS almost every single time someone asks. This is for people in general. I'm not a mod, and I really have no intention of becoming one but if people could follow certain rules it would make headfi a much better place.

Some people don't seem to think saying something sucks and sounds like crap is rude. Personally if someone offered me something that was of their taste and I told them it was garbage I would be offended and consider that rude if I offered the suggestion/item.

There's are two primary ways of voicing your displeasure. You can be courteous "Well, I tried them and it wasn't really my thing. I would have preferred more bass and just a different sound." and "They really sucked. The bass was awful, they made my ears bleed. Don't get them unless you're going to amp them because without one they sound like crap."

I'll leave it up to you to decide which seems more appropriate. If someone is courteous I think people will almost always be the same way in return. If someone is abrasive, expect to be treated in kind.

Very well said, hopefully everybody will understand this post and why there is the debate or whatever you want to call it between posters in this thread. And I agree 100% with Zalithian and think oarnura asks good questions that never get answered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread reminded me of this pic:

arguingOnTheInternet.gif

Just give it a rest.

That picture is just wrong
eek.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #135 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That picture is just wrong
eek.gif

Agreed. I've done some volunteer works in my earlier years and mentally challenged people were the most friendliest and caring people that I've ever met. Making fun of such people is just wrong. The person who made that remarks in the picture should really think about his/her moral state.

I think we should drop the whole pie throwing thing at this point. I'm seeing more offensive comments against each other than people making negative comments about the items that they never heard in the last few pages of this thread. I'm sure by now the message is crossed and people generally understand each other's position. I for one think that PFE's are such a great product at the asking price, and would whole heartily recommend them to anyone who seeks performance/price IEMs, but what we're doing now is just ruining the reputation of PFE's possibly deterring the people who are thinking about trying them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back