If U Had To Choose Just 1 Headphone, What Would It Be? And Why?
Dec 16, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #76 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really close to saying the same... but the Omega 2 is keeping me from fully commiting.

i don't have enough experience with electrostatics to say that i would want that over a dynamic, the HD650 to be exact, but hopefully that will change soon.

Dec 16, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #77 of 95
Out of all I've heard and owned thus far... Koss KSC-35. I find them lighter, more comfortable and compact than the KSC-75's, although the 35's hard plastic edges can be rough. While they both sound as good as my ancient PortaPro's, the band always catchs hair and can become uncomfortable for prolonged listening. I've heard mixed opinions of these Koss from overly bassy to no bass. IMHO, they have bass and tend to grow more over time, but are not rice-burner boomboxes. With some music they can be bass cloudy and I would prefer a little tighter bass, but the clarity and high end I find most defined and comfortable for the price.

Dec 16, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #81 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
K1000, it does everything I want in a headphone.

another vote for the k1000, it is the best all around provided you've got a well matched amp that can give it the juice it needs. It can almost take the place of speakers, almost. THe only aspect that is lacking is truly extended bass it has nimble and well defined upper bass but lacks the throaty lower register bass. The HP2 I have is a close second while not as extended on the top end or nearly as good soundstage it has midrange magic, again the hp2 needs top flight gear to sound it's very best.

May 25, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #84 of 95
ER4p with s cable. Confort. Detail. Great midrange. Not too piercing highs, Isolation, price. To me, they even sound "soulful," and I know I am the only person in the world who would say that.

May 26, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #88 of 95
out of all I've heard, ATH-AD2000 would be it. It does everything I can ask for.

May 26, 2008 at 8:36 AM Post #89 of 95
Sennheiser MX460 even if I was free to choose regardless of cost. I need the portabillity and comfort and at 15USD nothing fares better to my ears.
If sennheiser was to make a singlesided cord version of the PX100 I might choose that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back