If the next version of beats were actually good would you buy them?
Feb 1, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #4 of 31
ADMINISTRATOR 

Feb 1, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #5 of 31
NOPE, Tried the Studio PRO's, sounded exactly like the studio's...with super recessed mids.

Feb 1, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #7 of 31
Possibly.

But I'm not planning to buy any new headphones for awhile; I'm happy with the collection. If Sennheiser tops the HD-800 or something really interesting turns up, I'll buy.

Though if Monster releases something I like, I'll recommend it at the very least. Sure, Monster has a bad reputation in the high end, but I'd like to think they're capable of building a good headphone. If they do, it deserves to be recognized. Same goes for Bose or Skullcandy. Build something good and you'll earn some respect.

Feb 1, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #8 of 31
no. It's just alota Dr. Dre beat threads are popping up and the natives are growing restless.

Feb 1, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #9 of 31
If they sound good for the price that they're set then sure I'd consider them. I mean that won't happen, so I won't actually be buying them, but there was always the possibility :p.

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #11 of 31
No. If they actually sound better, they'd still be overpriced. I still prefer Eminem, 2PAC, Coolio and BTnH through Grados anyway. Modern rap music with lyrics that basically brags about their Bentleys, then distract you about how shallow the lyrics are by programming deep bass into it, should be saved for the SUV that belongs to any friend who thinks Kicker rocks and Focal sucks. Then you go to an abandoned hang-out far from residential areas find out at what point the subwoofer's cone says bye-bye to the suspension.

Then again, I do have another way for enjoying too much bass. If they came up with something like a George Lucas Beats...

Feb 1, 2011 at 6:45 AM Post #12 of 31
As with all headphones, if it's a good sound for the price, with characteristics that interest me, I'd consider it.

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #15 of 31
No, I'm happy with my HD25-1 II's. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back