If RWA would make an Imod with the 1st Gen Nano 4GB again, would you buy one?
Mar 19, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #47 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well this thread is pretty much over....

Unless we can find somebody who has the knowledge to do it and the time too!

Hi Guys,

I don't mean to disappoint you and I appreciate your understanding of the reasons why I do not wish to mod the Nano.

Maybe someone else will offer it, but please be sure that if you send out your Nano for modification, make sure the modder will fix or replace it for you if he/she runs into troubling during the process. Trust me... it is very, very delicate work and very easy to get into trouble working on it.

Best regards,

Vinnie

Mar 20, 2007 at 6:06 AM Post #50 of 72
I'm not sure *how* much harder it is to do, but it does seem like Vinnie is underestimating how much people would be willing to spend on something like this.

Mar 20, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #52 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom10167 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you be willing to do one-off jobs at higher prices? Send in my 80GB 5.5 and for $400 get an Imod sent back to me?

Don't hold you breath.
Cause Vinnie clearly said that there will never be any more iMod nano's, before anyone actually talked about pricing. Which means that he will not make one for any price!
rolleyes.gif

Mar 20, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #53 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't hold you breath.
Cause Vinnie clearly said that there will never be any more iMod nano's, before anyone actually talked about pricing. Which means that he will not make one for any price!
rolleyes.gif

well i think for $400, the price should be right, even if it does take vinnie one whole day! i know dentists that make that much in a day... i can't speak for the maintainence and whether it will work perfectly as vinnie's imod 4G has... but just based on compensation, the price seems reasonable. i would really consider paying for that price as well. in turn in will receive a 5.5G 80gb ipod that is:

1. smaller/thinner than the 4G 60gb
2. sleeker look
3. larger hard drive space
4. larger display
5. longer battery (probably...)

Mar 20, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #54 of 72
All,

Well, I woud definitely consider modding the 5.5g before ever offering mods to the Nano
wink.gif
The Nano would require a pigtail cable with the caps built into the cable...and I don't want to do this (reliability), but I *might* be able to fit them in the 80GB iPod 5.5g... not sure...

Of course, there would have to be enough interest in having the 5.5g's modded (and a lot more interest than the Nano!)
cool.gif

Right now, I don't have the time as I am very backlogged on iPod Photo mods, along with building other Red Wine products...

Allow me so time to "come up for air" and I'll see what I can do... things are crazy-busy right now, but hopefully they will slow down enough for me to look into the 5.5g. I cannot promise anything, so please don't hold your breath.

Is there a 6th gen coming out soon? Just want to make sure I'm not in the dark about some 120GB 6th Gen on the way, or something like that!
lambda.gif

Thanks again for all your interest and support, everyone!

Vinnie

Mar 20, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #55 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie R. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All,

Well, I woud definitely consider modding the 5.5g before ever offering mods to the Nano
wink.gif
The Nano would require a pigtail cable with the caps built into the cable...and I don't want to do this (reliability), but I *might* be able to fit them in the 80GB iPod 5.5g... not sure...

Of course, there would have to be enough interest in having the 5.5g's modded (and a lot more interest than the Nano!)
cool.gif

Right now, I don't have the time as I am very backlogged on iPod Photo mods, along with building other Red Wine products...

Allow me so time to "come up for air" and I'll see what I can do... things are crazy-busy right now, but hopefully they will slow down enough for me to look into the 5.5g. I cannot promise anything, so please don't hold your breath.

Is there a 6th gen coming out soon? Just want to make sure I'm not in the dark about some 120GB 6th Gen on the way, or something like that!
lambda.gif

Thanks again for all your interest and support, everyone!

Vinnie

right now there are no official announcements about new ipod models; it's speculated the new ones will have touch screens, however, which may or may not be a problem..

personally i think you'd sell more 4g ipods with new 100gb+ drives (that we're still waiting to come out!) than a newer ipod with redundant features.. we can only hope apple has some sense and doesn't make a music-only iphone as the next generation!

Mar 20, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #56 of 72
Bah, I'll pass on the touch screen if I can, just like I'd prefer a physical wheel over the novel touch wheel.

5.5G IMOD OMG OMGZZZZZZZ!
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #58 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the 4G would still be better in terms of sound quality.

..and so would the 1G nano.
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #59 of 72
I think I'll get a 4G 20GB Grayscale and put the rare 40GB HD in it, It would be much smaller than the 60GB Photo (It's the smallest 4G you can get, even the 20GB photo is slightly thickier!). Who needs a color screen when listening to music ? haha not me : )

[EDIT]

LOL, I'm gonna buy New Old Stock parts on eBay and send it all to Vinnie so he can build and mod my ipod at the same time !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back