If money wasnt an object
Aug 9, 2009 at 6:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

podhead

Head-Fier
If money was not a concern.....(dont I wish) and you had a new pair of JH-13s headed your way, and....you were going to use lossles files with a shodow amp.
What portable source would your use?

Aug 10, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #2 of 25
IMOD/DIYMOD or korg MR-1. of course there are better sounding solutions, but they all require either a separate dac or cap dock and that kinda destroys the point of buying a shadow really

Aug 10, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 25
if money were no object id pay the bands i like to perform live for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 10, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #4 of 25
Probably a gigabeat X with rockbox, an LOD, and a samsung 5mm 120gb drive.

Hard to find an X20 or X30 in the states though.

(what, not enough ambition?)

Aug 10, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #6 of 25
I heard the hifiman at canjam and was suitably impressed, but I'm one of those mac users everyone makes fun of for good reason, who doesn't know how to do anything but plug and play. Since the hifiman doesn't support lossless right now (Fang told me it may in the future), I'm not yet interested, but I really liked what I heard.

Though this is transportable rather than portable, since it skips when moved, I'm using a Denon DCP100 into a pico with the JH13s and my cds.

Aug 10, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMOD/DIYMOD or korg MR-1. of course there are better sounding solutions, but they all require either a separate dac or cap dock and that kinda destroys the point of buying a shadow really

I like the looks of the Korg but....I am wanting more than 20 gigs so at this time it looks like its an Imod...

Aug 10, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably a gigabeat X with rockbox, an LOD, and a samsung 5mm 120gb drive.

Hard to find an X20 or X30 in the states though.

(what, not enough ambition?)

this is one I am not familiar with but will research.

also can anyone tell me how I could have responded to all three of the above posts at once?
I know it can be done as I have seen it many times.
thx

Aug 10, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #10 of 25
Rather than if money was not an object, if time was not an object, I would love to get an Pico Slim or RSA Shadow to go alongside my iPod Touch.

Somebody has gotta hook me up with one of 'em time machines..

Aug 10, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #12 of 25
I will recommend a imod and vcap dock....very easy to use and with rockbox can support flac and alac....as well as this it can be upgraded to 240gb which is bigger then pretty much any onboard storage dap on the market...

Aug 10, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will recommend a imod and vcap dock....very easy to use and with rockbox can support flac and alac....as well as this it can be upgraded to 240gb which is bigger then pretty much any onboard storage dap on the market...

If I understand...the vcap dock is for home use.... correct?
I guess I would have to use an imod cable for the amp, on the go.

I do love the 240 Gig upgrade option!!!!
and from what I read the Imod sound is something...

Aug 10, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by atothex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hifiman player or that Pacemaker DJ thing. But I wouldn't be using a Shadow amp.

I like what I read about the hifiman......except for the storage capacity of the SDHC cards...

Aug 10, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #15 of 25
If money is really no object, you can pay Sandisk to develop a 128GB SDHC card for you and if they refuse, you can try to take over the company....

You may as well pay a band instead
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back