If money was no object...
Nov 10, 2008 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

gerbi

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone.
I'd like some suggestions in finding the IEM that has the best, crystal clear, sparkling trebles. I'd love something with great detail. I thought I was at end of my quest when I bought the Sleek SA6 but after a bad experience (cable and after sale service quality) I'm on the hunt again. I did like the sound of the SA6 as the trebles are quite clear so I think I'm trying to find something as close as possible. But as I said my priority is the trebles quality.
All your suggestions will be welcome.
Cheers
beerchug.gif

Nov 10, 2008 at 7:14 AM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by gerbi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello everyone.
I'd like some suggestions in finding the IEM that has the best, crystal clear, sparkling trebles. I'd love something with great detail. I thought I was at end of my quest when I bought the Sleek SA6 but after a bad experience (cable and after sale service quality) I'm on the hunt again. I did like the sound of the SA6 as the trebles are quite clear so I think I'm trying to find something as close as possible. But as I said my priority is the trebles quality.
All your suggestions will be welcome.
Cheers
beerchug.gif

The ER-4P/S are famous for there overall clarity and it wouldn't be a bad choice as the guy above mentioned just be sure if the get the ER-4S that you get a amp to. In dynamic the HJE900 is also an option. If money is no object to you the Triple.fis i hear have great treble as do its custom counter parts the UE10 and the UE11 Whats the source and budget your working with if you don't mind me asking.
icon10.gif

Nov 10, 2008 at 7:41 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Libertad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ER-4P/S are famous for there overall clarity and it wouldn't be a bad choice as the guy above mentioned just be sure if the get the ER-4S that you get a amp to. In dynamic the HJE900 is also an option. If money is no object to you the Triple.fis i hear have great treble as do its custom counter parts the UE10 and the UE11 Whats the source and budget your working with if you don't mind me asking.
icon10.gif

I don't really have a budget as I'd like to wait and save rather then buy now and compromise. At least I know that when I'm ready to buy I'll get the best I can. The source is mainly my iPod classic. The HJE900 are not imported in Australia, unfortunately. But I'll be in Tokyo in January...
bigsmile_face.gif

Some of the models I was considerng where the AT CK10, Denon AH751, Klipsch X10 and Sony E700.
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 10, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #5 of 18
Get the ety's and if you don't like 'em send em to me for free.

wink.gif

Nov 10, 2008 at 8:39 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Snake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ultimate Ears UE-11 Pro @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

I completely agree, but I've found with these kinds of threads that money often is an object. This is not to say that someone can't afford to spend that kind of money on a pair of IEMs. It's usually a matter of not wanting to! I'm not kidding.

I got a PM from a guy not too long ago (to remain nameless) who has been a "lurker" here at Head-Fi for several years, but knew of me from another audio related website. As it turns out, he and his wife are in their mid 50s, own two or three homes, vacation all over the world, operate their own business, go on two week long Harley rides, etc.

But he just can't seem to justify (considering his personal value system) spending more than $2k on a matching set of his and her UE-11. They have kids in college and that money could be spent to buy books for a semester.

Go figure. I love my UE-10 and think (oddly enough, as these things go) that they can represent a good value if you use them often enough in situations where they bring pleasure to otherwise extremely uncomfortable situations. In my case, that means travel days (since to get from Cayman to anywhere, you need to be in and out of airports, planes, and shuttle buses) and Ariel Atom days (since you need ear protection of some sort when driving at speed!). For those two reasons alone, I think my UE-10 have been well worth the price (money long since gone and forgotten), and if I hadn't already bought them, I most certainly would be a UE-11 customer.

Nov 10, 2008 at 8:45 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
zero resale value - if you end up not liking them for whatever reason though
frown.gif

However, all UE11 owners seem to be very happy with their pair so far
wink.gif

That's a good point.

Nov 10, 2008 at 11:47 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I completely agree, but I've found with these kinds of threads that money often is an object. .

Well, you're right as I certainly would like to be able to pay for milk and bread after I purchase the earphones! I think that the title of the thread can be taken to the extremes so let's say that if you had about $500 and my requirements where would you invest your money?
Thank you and sorry for the slightly misleading title
frown.gif

Nov 10, 2008 at 1:58 PM Post #11 of 18
For $500 I would buy the ER 4P or ER 4S and then if you get the S buy an amp. You might also consider some midrange customs. You could also buy the ER 4P and then an APureSound replacement cable, and then a simple amp.

Nov 10, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #12 of 18
Another option may be Sennheiser IE8. It's currently getting a lot of praise here on head-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back