If I were to get a new DAP
Jul 24, 2007 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

ZackP

500+ Head-Fier
which should it be? I have a maximum spending amount of 300 and it needs more than 30 gigs of memory. I am willing to buy used, and the headphones are ETY ER-4P

Jul 24, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #2 of 21
What's wrong with your Zune?

Jul 24, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #5 of 21
Try iaudio X5.

Jul 24, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #6 of 21
Man the mp3 hdd market is so impossible. All companies focus on the flash player, while mobile phones play mp3 too. I can't possibly understand why the level of hdd daps is so low.

Jul 24, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #8 of 21
if you want good sound quality stock out of the box, with line out option, sony nw-hd5, the 'H' model @ 30GB silver, with black buttons. one of the best sounding daps ever made (stock).

how about a ipod photo 40gb, (pick one up cheap, photo have the best DAC in) - and iMod it via redwine audio. cost you a bit more than 300 usd, more like 350 in all with an imod but, you then have a player which you can rockbox, ipodlinux, , lossless flac it, and have the best sounding quality in ANY dap anywhere EVER...in the universe.

some contrary thoughts there, but ultimately based on the best sound quality.

HTH

Jul 24, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i will check out the sony, but no to the imod, won't have a nice enough amp

who cares if you dont have the nicest amp yet? you got the best source with the imod, you have a cult item, a rare custom item, you can always upgrade amps way into the future, @mpwize i am just using a cmoy in a mint tin, and sounds good to me.
wink.gif

Jul 24, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #14 of 21
haha, well, that is different, but please read above, i think im going to keep my zune, get a flash player, and use a pimeta with crossfeed and built in p - s converter. The imod will come when my parents dont get to judge my purchases lmao

Jul 24, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #15 of 21
If you sell your Zune you could find a 4G iMod at a decent price.

And why the heck would you want an iMod without an amp? The Zune is a decent source.

Once you can afford the iMod by all means, it's a popular choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back