If I like this track, what other tracks might I also like?
Dec 14, 2023 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Lindholdt

1000+ Head-Fier
While we have algorithm's to recommend us new songs on the streaming services, I thought it could be a great addition to help each other find more music of the kind we like.
It kinda works both ways, as you might not know the song that is being referenced, so you get to listen to new music, while also giving recommendations.
Be each other's "algorithm's" for finding music that's similar to what we already like :)

So, I really like the track Waiting for the Rain to Fall by Robin Trower.
Love the slower tempo, the swing and a bit more laid back atmosphere.
Anyone got suggestions to what other tracks I should listen to, when I like this one?

Dec 14, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #2 of 18
I like what you did here.

First song that came to mind for me was Have You Ever Seen the Rain by CCR.

Dec 14, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #3 of 18
@Lindholdt Hi, I'm game and like the idea of sharing recommendations.

Robin Trower's vocals reminded me right away of Don Henley (past member of the Eagles)

And you may like the bluesy rock of Big Head Todd and the Monsters:

And this one is so smooth and nice:

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 3:04 AM Post #4 of 18
So, I really like the track Waiting for the Rain to Fall by Robin Trower.
Love the slower tempo, the swing and a bit more laid back atmosphere.
Anyone got suggestions to what other tracks I should listen to, when I like this one?

Good tune.

Blues rock isn't really my forte. But I suppose you could also try some of the following.

Eric Clapton
The Eagles/Don Felder/Don Henley (already mentioned above)
Mark Knopfler
Bonnie Raitt
Steely Dan/Donald Fagan
Rod Stewart
Roxy Music/Brian Ferry

Fleetwood Mac also did some nice downtempo rock tunes. Especially Christine McVie.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #5 of 18
@msing539
Great suggestion 👍 While I did miss the electric guitar a bit, the rest of the song made up for it. And what's even better, is that it started a full CCR listening session and has made me want to hear a lot more. I've heard CCR before in the radio and such, but I've never sat down and listened to them before.
Thanks!

@G8torbyte Thanks a lot, looks interesting 🤔 Will have to give them a proper listen tonight, but the short preview I just did sound promising 👍

@ADUHF that's a lot of songs to dig through 😁 I was hoping for something a bit more specific, but it's still good pointers and I appreciate that.

I hope others will join in and ask for recommendations as well, to keep the thread rolling 🤞

Dec 15, 2023 at 3:43 AM Post #8 of 18
@ADUHF that's a lot of songs to dig through 😁 I was hoping for something a bit more specific, but it's still good pointers and I appreciate that.

Well, like I said... blues rock isn't really my thing. :smile: I don't think you'll have much trouble finding things in a similar vein by most of the above though.

I added Bonnie Raitt as well. She's a very good singer and guitarist that crosses alot of music boundaries, who can definitely also do some nice blues.

The Crowe and Isaak tracks were mostly for fun btw. The first tracks that came to mind for me were things like Steely Dan's "Do It Again", Clapton's "I Shot the Sheriff", and The Eagles "Hotel California". And a few things from the Heavy Metal soundtrack. But I wouldn't limit yourself to just those.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 1:43 AM Post #9 of 18
I'm slightly confused now, because Chris Isaak also did a tune called "Waiting for the Rain to Fall" in 1987, which sounds a bit similar to the Trower track. (??)

It also sounds somewhat similar to Roy Orbison.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #11 of 18
I've been going through some of you suggestions @ADUHF and there is some great music in there for sure. Nothing has hit a home run yet, but I'll keep listening. Bonnie Raitt is up next! :)

Dec 16, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #12 of 18
It also sounds somewhat similar to Roy Orbison.
I always admired Roy Orbison. Amazing vocal talent. My mother had a lot of his vinyl records and it started my love of music.
Before he passed he had some good times with Tom, George, Jeff and Bob as a Traveling Wilbury:

And I like this duet he did with Emmylou Harris:

In this concert "Black and White Night" he did with other legendary artists including Bonnie Raitt who is in the backup vocals:

Dec 17, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #13 of 18
I've been going through some of you suggestions @ADUHF and there is some great music in there for sure. Nothing has hit a home run yet, but I'll keep listening. Bonnie Raitt is up next! :)

I'm not a huge fan of the blues (but will listen sometimes when I want somethin different). But there are many others here who are fans of this genre.... So don't give up hope!

I think the Trower track falls pretty squarely though into the whiskey blues / slow blues-rock category though. So you could try doing some searches for other music and artists on those. And you may get some better hits than some of my suggestions.

Dec 17, 2023 at 10:23 PM Post #14 of 18
I always admired Roy Orbison. Amazing vocal talent. My mother had a lot of his vinyl records and it started my love of music.
Before he passed he had some good times with Tom, George, Jeff and Bob as a Traveling Wilbury:

And I like this duet he did with Emmylou Harris:

In this concert "Black and White Night" he did with other legendary artists including Bonnie Raitt who is in the backup vocals:

Some very nice Orbison tracks, G8torbyte!

The Wilbury's are my guys as well! I was very sad when T. Petty passed, and loved most of his music. And also a HUGE G. Harrison fan! And listened to quite a bit of ELO/Lynne back in the day (probably too much for my poor ears! :smile: ). Lynne always did interesting vocal arrangements though. And I think he was a fan of doo-wop music,... among other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back