If I hate bass which are the best headphones for me?
Nov 23, 2015 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Hertzio

New Head-Fier
As the title says, and I hear a lot of electronic music so be aware about ear fatigue from the high frequency sounds as well please. Thanks!

Nov 23, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 11
Budget?  Do you want open or closed headphones?  What source will you be using?

Nov 23, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #4 of 11
You probably just need no hear proper bass. A good headphone with non exaggerated bass will make a big difference.

Nov 23, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #5 of 11
depends if OP has never heard nice bass and only knows muddy farty single frequency buzzing being an excuse for bass, then the above post might be true, but it's also possible for whatever reason OP actually doesn't like bass at all.

in which case i would recommend akg K/Q700 series or etymotic anything?

its a little difficult if you don't want any bass because you basically are left with reference stuff that is very flat response and stuff that has no bass but really clear highs so you may not find you have a lot of options if you want to keep treble down too..

Nov 23, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #6 of 11
  depends if OP has never heard nice bass and only knows muddy farty single frequency buzzing being an excuse for bass, then the above post might be true, but it's also possible for whatever reason OP actually doesn't like bass at all.

in which case i would recommend akg K/Q700 series or etymotic anything?

its a little difficult if you don't want any bass because you basically are left with reference stuff that is very flat response and stuff that has no bass but really clear highs so you may not find you have a lot of options if you want to keep treble down too..

Agreed. No bass though way bother. I'm by no means a bass head but you need a little to make it music. Of course that's just my opinion to each his or her own.

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #8 of 11
Thank you all for the responses, in summary:

I've never had a good pair of headphones in my life, so I probably don't know what good bass is?

I want them over the ear and closed if possible, because every person in my house make annoying noises with their TVs and stuff.

I would be using my MacBook Air, and an Android smartphone for source, so low impedance I guess?

I used to think that the M40x would fit my needs since they're like the M50x but without an emphasis on the bass and go more within my budget, but some audiophile advised me to get the AD500x or some kind of open headphones since I didn't like bass.

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #9 of 11
I heard the akg k701 are shy in bass, ad700 as well. Hd 598 from what i read have bass that is not hard hitting, with non fatiguing highs. These are alk open headphones. I have only read aboutbthem never used, so take with a grain of salt

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #10 of 11
  Thank you all for the responses, in summary:

I've never had a good pair of headphones in my life, so I probably don't know what good bass is?

I want them over the ear and closed if possible, because every person in my house make annoying noises with their TVs and stuff.

I would be using my MacBook Air, and an Android smartphone for source, so low impedance I guess?

I used to think that the M40x would fit my needs since they're like the M50x but without an emphasis on the bass and go more within my budget, but some audiophile advised me to get the AD500x or some kind of open headphones since I didn't like bass.

When I play music, whether on closed or open headphones, I don't hear any external noise unless it's very loud.

I heard the akg k701 are shy in bass, ad700 as well. Hd 598 from what i read have bass that is not hard hitting, with non fatiguing highs. These are alk open headphones. I have only read aboutbthem never used, so take with a grain of salt

I owned the AD700 and it is indeed bass-light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back