If I buy Senn 650s, what amp???
Jun 27, 2004 at 7:57 AM Post #17 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I bought mine from MVP Audio. As far as amps are concerned, I used a Marantz 1060 (you can pick one up for under $100 on ebay) when I first received my 650's. I had no complaints. I also used them with a pimeta and Headsave Ultra. I had no problem with either of those amps, which are also in your price range. There are amps you can find in your price range that will work just fine with the 650's, imo.

For the $9 you save with mvpaudio, you can go to Headroom or Todd, simultaneously supporting the forum, getting excellent (excellent!) service, and getting an extended warranty.

Jun 27, 2004 at 11:27 AM Post #18 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by perfektrtw
And where might I be able to buy one of these amps?

www.amusicdirect.com
www.needledoctor.com
You may have to look in your area for an audio shop that sells the Rega line. I'm not sure if there new distributor will allow shipping to an area
that has a dealer. You can also run a want to buy add here or look on www.audiogon.com in the headphone section. They come up for sale here from time to time also.

Jun 27, 2004 at 1:31 PM Post #19 of 56
I've decided to try a Rega Ear to power my power hungry DT531's, as they are VERY cheap in my country, and it sounds very promising - I'll post a thread about it once I've received it.

Jun 27, 2004 at 2:54 PM Post #20 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbirkett
I've decided to try a Rega Ear to power my power hungry DT531's, as they are VERY cheap in my country, and it sounds very promising - I'll post a thread about it once I've received it.

Cool, I hope it works for you. Have you also thought about one of the Corda amps with the 120ohm jack on them? Has anyone tried the 531 with these amps?

Jun 27, 2004 at 3:02 PM Post #21 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
www.amusicdirect.com
www.needledoctor.com
You may have to look in your area for an audio shop that sells the Rega line. I'm not sure if there new distributor will allow shipping to an area
that has a dealer. You can also run a want to buy add here or look on www.audiogon.com in the headphone section. They come up for sale here from time to time also.

Ok Maybe I'm dumb something but I didn't see the rega EAR at either of these websites. Can someone help a brotha out?
confused.gif

Even tho I live in a major city I can't seem to find anyone who sells anything high end, or at least has it in stock. Anyone from Austin, TX???

Jun 27, 2004 at 3:09 PM Post #22 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by RationalBeing
Ok Maybe I'm dumb something but I didn't see the rega EAR at either of these websites. Can someone help a brotha out?
confused.gif

Even tho I live in a major city I can't seem to find anyone who sells anything high end, or at least has it in stock. Anyone from Austin, TX???

Go to amusicdirect and hit on headphone amplifiers in the product catagory and its on that list. I would just get your yellow pages and call some of the local stereo shops and find out who carries rega and order one there. The prices are fixed so you would only be out the tax.

Jun 27, 2004 at 3:17 PM Post #23 of 56
Quote:

www.amusicdirect.com
www.needledoctor.com

Heh, unfortunately the prices at both of these shops is $450 instead of $340. Thats not $9
frown.gif

Jun 27, 2004 at 3:21 PM Post #24 of 56
Quote:

Heh, unfortunately the prices at both of these shops is $450 instead of $340. Thats not $9
frown.gif

The price at amusicdirect and everywhere else in USA is 225.00 USD for the Rega. Are you talking about the HD650? Are you looking at shops in Canada or something?

Jun 27, 2004 at 3:25 PM Post #25 of 56
Quote:

The price at amusicdirect and everywhere else in USA is 225.00 USD for the Rega. Are you talking about the HD650? Are you looking at shops in Canada or something?

No, I was talking about the 650s. He suggested that Todd and headroom had them for $350 USD but they're $450USD
frown.gif

BTW TOM, have you heard the headroom LITTLE amp? Its pretty close in price to the ear.

Jun 27, 2004 at 3:32 PM Post #26 of 56
Quote:

No, I was talking about the 650s. He suggested that Todd and headroom had them for $350 USD but they're $450USD
frown.gif

BTW TOM, have you heard the headroom LITTLE amp? Its pretty close in price to the ear.

Have you thought about running a want to buy thread in the for sale forums here for both the Rega and HD650? I think you would get a better deal and get what you want at the same time.

Jun 27, 2004 at 3:38 PM Post #27 of 56
Quote:

Cool, I hope it works for you. Have you also thought about one of the Corda amps with the 120ohm jack on them? Has anyone tried the 531 with these amps?

I've owned the Corda HA-1 previously, and I wasnt that fond on it - seemed to lack the "groove" to me. Also, I have tried my DT531 from my integrated, which will have a high output impedance, and it still sounds quite good, bass is a bit more pronounced, and a warmer sound, but also slightly slower and a tad veiled.

I'd have considered the HA-1 Mk2 or HA-2, but for me the Rega represents a low risk purchase, as its cheap, and I believe (after hearing my new Rega loudspeakers) that it may offer the kind of fast, groovy sound I am after.

Jun 27, 2004 at 3:44 PM Post #28 of 56
Quote:

frown.gif

You need to call Jamey at Headroom by phone and ask him for the HD650 price. He'll give you $350. That's how it worked for me..
wink.gif

Jun 27, 2004 at 3:58 PM Post #29 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbirkett

please also give us some impressions VS. your sold Perreaux
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 27, 2004 at 4:00 PM Post #30 of 56
as for hd650 amp , if you go tube state
biggrin.gif
i can advice :

1.RUDISTOR RP4 is in the price range of other midbudget amps and if it's only refined the half of RP5 reference ( I asked Rudi and he says it's more then half the RP5 ..)- go for it noway of being disappointer - as the rp5 is one beast of a "natural + feeling" sounding amp .

2.if you can afford go RP5
600smile.gif

3.there's a very nice plexi-transparent looking PPA on the sale board , i was interested myself in it , it sells for 300$ shipped and i think it's a very good match for some senns cans .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back