If cables or interconnects are so vital then why
Oct 28, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #16 of 17
Easy fellas. Look, all I really wanted to know was why a company who supposedly invests a fair amount of detail into the making of their products, would seemingly limit the variable output possibilities that different types of IC's could produce by using the most standard (and cheap) type of non replaceable (short of opening up the TT and soldering your own connections) wires ?

Just seems contrary to the notion that all the other highly praised pieces of hardware which reside in the TT (speaking of any TT in general now) are supposed to make that much of a difference when in the end, the signal is being sent through a piece of the chain which people claim can have a significant impact on the overall SQ. I dunno, just seems like somewhere, there's a flawed perception of what's really going on IMO.

As for spending $120 to audition $1200 cables, that seems like a ridiculous notion to me, regardless of how wealthy someone may be. Sure, throw money away if you'd wish, but you can bet that someone who's rich didn't get that way by doing such things ! (well, unless you come from old money and have no regard for your wealth)

Interestingly, I only wanted to know this information because I was wondering if it would be a really bad idea to put my TT in such a place that it would require me to buy an RCA adapter in order to extend the TT's range with yet another longer set of plain ol' RCA cables. Obviously then, according to this conversation, it makes a rats ass of a difference other than spending a stupid amount of money on boutique cables for an already determined sonic signature (because of the original non replaceable cables). The reasons for the extension are of a different subject matter, for another thread of course.

Oct 29, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #17 of 17
All the recent cd players I have owned come with very cheapo interconnect cables from the factory, and that includes the Rega Saturn and the Cambridge 840c...what a disappointment to see such cables!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back