IEMs with strong bass under $100
Dec 3, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #16 of 21

Quote:
Depends, may not be a significant difference on an low end source, but quite noticeable from my experience with my computer + amp. Considering they're both about the same price, I find the v1 are overall superior, even on a low end source.

So is that a yes? You have both a v1 and a v2 Eterna? Also, what amp does one need to get a significant difference out of them?

Dec 3, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #18 of 21

Quote:
Quote:
Depends, may not be a significant difference on an low end source, but quite noticeable from my experience with my computer + amp. Considering they're both about the same price, I find the v1 are overall superior, even on a low end source.

So is that a yes? You have both a v1 and a v2 Eterna? Also, what amp does one need to get a significant difference out of them?

I may be wrong, but I feel I'm sensing a little bit of hostility from you |joker|. If I somehow offended you in any way, I assure you it wasn't my intention. I know I couldn't give any better advice than you regarding sound components, that's actually very obvious. I myself have learned a lot from you, and I'm really looking forward to more of your reviews, opinions, insight, etc.

However, if you must know my entire experience, I'll try to be brief. First of all, scratch "computer + amp," if this individual seeks portable headphones he must want to use a portable player. Here's another experience of mine, Eterna v1 and v2 with my Sansa Fuze (unamped) = not really a difference at all. Now with Sansa Fuze (amped with my friend's headstage arrow 12he) = difference, but still not significant at all. I found the v2 smoother (some people may prefer that) and slightly rolled off treble. Perhaps I misled you by saying "NOT Eterna v2." I didn't mean "to hell with the crappy v2," I just wanted to make it clear that I preferred the v1 and be brief about it, I apologize for that. In the end, I still find the v2 really good but with both models being about the same price, I just simply feel that v1 is overall superior, that's all, I'm definitely not the only one.

Dec 3, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #19 of 21
Not trying to be hostile - I am just trying to figure out where the prevalent attitude of "v2 is crap, v1 is gold" comes from (and I know you didn't mean it that way now). I, for one, heard maybe a 3-5% difference in overall sound quality between the two earphones and I know I'm not alone on that so I really don't understand why I always see these 'get the Eterna V1' posts in every thread. They are still very similar earphones compared to anything else out there. I have always doubted that so many people bothered buying both and comparing them head-to-head but since you did so, kudos. I know that exaggeration of minute sonic differences comes with the territory in the audio world but I really don't feel that the rev2 Eterna deserves all the detriment it gets.

Again, no offense intended - just trying to get to the bottom of something that is curious to me. 

Dec 3, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #20 of 21

Quote:
Not trying to be hostile - I am just trying to figure out where the prevalent attitude of "v2 is crap, v1 is gold" comes from (and I know you didn't mean it that way now). I, for one, heard maybe a 3-5% difference in overall sound quality between the two earphones and I know I'm not alone on that so I really don't understand why I always see these 'get the Eterna V1' posts in every thread. They are still very similar earphones compared to anything else out there. I have always doubted that so many people bothered buying both and comparing them head-to-head but since you did so, kudos. I know that exaggeration of minute sonic differences comes with the territory in the audio world but I really don't feel that the rev2 Eterna deserves all the detriment it gets.

Again, no offense intended - just trying to get to the bottom of something that is curious to me. 

No problem, I see what you mean now. It's good that you display such curiosity, rather than to agree with the masses without research or proper experimentation. Indeed, the v2 is nowhere near close to crap as some make it out to be. I'll try to be more descriptive from now on, rather than to rely on such simplicity such as "NOT the ___."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back