luvs2squizz

100+ Head-Fier
Hello fellow head-fi'ers
I have a friend that is getting interested in audio as well
biggrin.gif
 ...but I'm not very well versed in IEMs
He wants strong bass, durability, and looks
His main genres are Rap and Techno

Right now we're looking at the Panasonic hje900 or Rocksford Fosgate Punch Plugs
Thanks for any help!

Oct 10, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 21
Brainwavz M2 from mp4nation / Visang R03 from ebay

same headphone, great sound, with very nice bass and seemingly great build quality.

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #3 of 21
Another option would be the Hippo VB. Those are under $100 and can produce some massive amounts of bass.

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #4 of 21

Quote:
Brainwavz M2 from mp4nation / Visang R03 from ebay

same headphone, great sound, with very nice bass and seemingly great build quality.

Do they have strong bass? I have the R02 which is supposed to be similar to the R03 and they don't have that strong of a bass.

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #5 of 21

Quote:
Do they have strong bass? I have the R02 which is supposed to be similar to the R03 and they don't have that strong of a bass.

yes, the bass is quite strong. the M2/R03 are said to sound like a bigger version of the M1/R02. check out the MP4nation forums for some pretty detailed reviews and comparisons.

the bass quantity is comparable to the Klipsch S4's.

the Hippo VB's that were suggested may also be a good choice. they are said to have tons of bass as well.

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Eh, depends on what you're comparing to. I'd say the R02/R03 have significantly more bass than a 'flat' earphone would but they aren't bass monsters like the Punch Plugs or the Eterna.

Personally I wouldn't say the Punch Plugs are very durable. They're all-plastic and lack strain relief. I was very disappointed by how cheap they felt especially next to the HJE900s. The sound is fairly nice but for very strong bass I'd take the Eterna over the Punch Plugs any day and pocket the difference. 

Oct 11, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #7 of 21
yo, im luvs2squizz's friend
i like the look of the v-moda vibes
from what ive read they sound great too w lots of bass!
smily_headphones1.gif

i heard they're not durable though
anyone?

Oct 11, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #9 of 21
The HJE900 has already been mentioned.  I would add the Sennheiser IE6 as they can be had for under $100 brand new.  The Monster Turbines (non pro series) also have good, deep bass.

Oct 11, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #10 of 21

i listen to rock too not a lot but its does circulate in my ipod

and reggae is the crap

any other suggestions based on that?

i really want a 30-80$ pair of iems that will blow my mind,comfort level, looks and obviously sound quality

Oct 12, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #12 of 21
Consider the Hippo Shroom EB+ too, much different than the regular shrooms.
I would NOT go with the v-modas. My friend had to tape them together within a couple weeks. They probably don't sound that great for the price either.

Dec 3, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #14 of 21

Quote:
+1 on the Fischer Audio Eterna v1 (NOT the v2).

So just out of curiosity - you've personally compared both side by side and are certain that there's a significant difference between the two?

Dec 3, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #15 of 21

Quote:
Quote:
+1 on the Fischer Audio Eterna v1 (NOT the v2).

So just out of curiosity - you've personally compared both side by side and are certain that there's a significant difference between the two?

Depends, may not be a significant difference on an low end source, but quite noticeable from my experience with my computer + amp. Of course I'm speaking in terms of overall quality, the Eterna v2 are still abundant with bass. Considering they're both about the same price, I happen to find the v1 are overall superior, even on a low end source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back