IEMs with Largest, Most Open Soundstage
Feb 13, 2017 at 10:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

insomniac

Headphoneus Supremus
So I'm looking into IEMs and the options these days are quite frankly overwhelming...

If I were to prioritize a large and expansive soundstage at the top of my sound wish list, which IEMs would people recommend? Let's say $1,500 and under. Although I'm willing to exceed that if there is an option that far surpasses the others in this category. I do realize soundstage constraints are an inherent limitation of IEMs but trying to learn if there are any options that get me pretty close to full size headphones. Suggestions?

Oh and I'd prefer to avoid tweaking with electronics to expand the soundstage that way.

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #4 of 28
APEX is not the same thing, but I hear it does work well for what it is. I have tinnitus and very fatigue sensitive ears so the health benefits of ADEL have been really great for me personally, but I also really enjoy the soundstage. I bought a pair used from the marketplace here, they pop up every once in a while. There are also other brands that have started selling ADEL equipped headphones like Empire Ears. 

Jul 10, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #5 of 28
So what are the current leads in this category, considering especially the lower cost IEMs?

Jul 10, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #6 of 28
CA Andromeda is quite impressive. But I have not heard all IEM options so I am not really an expert on this subject.

Jul 14, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #12 of 28
I have the U8, isine10, ex1000 and tried the Vegas. If you want true airyness and stage, you'll going to need to go with a open back like the isine or ex. Both needs eq for me to really enjoy. U8 are great but not a stage monster, they do depth better. I dont get all the hype surrounding Campfire stuff.

Jul 14, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #14 of 28
Probably because people like their sound.

And because the CA Andromeda can effortlessly beat some IEM's costing double or even triple it's own price. (there will be some $2000+ IEM's that I didn't hear yet that are probably better ofcourse)

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #15 of 28
Currently 64 Audio is selling U12 ADEL as B stock. You can look there if you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back