Iems with great soundstage?
Apr 27, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #31 of 42
Quote:
I agree with the sm3 and sm64 crowd.  Large and 3d

While that's my take, the presentation is a little different and I can se how it could be construed/perceived that way. The general opinion is that it's a massive soundstage. That and the SUIF4 - Best in class at it's price-range. 

May 1, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #32 of 42
Quote:
So, the one I already mentioned like 5 posts ago?  I guess my question was geared toward the guy saying that "you haven't heard any high end IEMs if you think the EX1000 has a big soundstage",  but then he fails to provide any useful information such as which IEMs those might be.

I am sorry, I wasnt following this topic.

EX1000 has the most tighter soundstage in the top-tier IEMs I've heard. You can try SM3, Um3x, Heir 5.0 at its level. They are all wider and deeper than EX1000s. EX1000 can sound bodied like a headphone but they are no good at soundstage and imaging.

May 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #33 of 42
Quote:

I am sorry, I wasnt following this topic.

EX1000 has the most tighter soundstage in the top-tier IEMs I've heard. You can try SM3, Um3x, Heir 5.0 at its level. They are all wider and deeper than EX1000s. EX1000 can sound bodied like a headphone but they are no good at soundstage and imaging.

I have not tried the sm3 or the heir so I can't speak to that. However I did own the um3x for almost 2 years and found it to have a very small soundstage, definitely an up-front closed in sound by comparison.

May 1, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #34 of 42
IE8, SM3, W3, TF10 all have large SS.

May 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #36 of 42
UM3x has not the widest soundstage but it is very deep. I dont know which music type you are listening to but it is very obvious with symphonical and chamber music.

Vocals may be up-front but if you look at the whole instruments, their placement is very layered through the deep.

Quote:

I have not tried the sm3 or the heir so I can't speak to that. However I did own the um3x for almost 2 years and found it to have a very small soundstage, definitely an up-front closed in sound by comparison.

May 1, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #37 of 42
I never thought SM3s had a wide soundstage and I auditioned them for quite some time. On the otherhand UM3x' are not as small as people suggest over here. Finally W4's soundstage is certainly wider and deeper most importantly it has more air than both iems.

May 1, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #38 of 42
SM3 without filters have wide soundstage. Stocks are not that good.

Also with filter mod, SM3 gets more airy than W4s, I think. I always think W4s sound congested. 
Quote:
I never thought SM3s had a wide soundstage and I auditioned them for quite some time. On the otherhand UM3x' are not as small as people suggest over here. Finally W4's soundstage is certainly wider and deeper most importantly it has more air than both iems.

Jun 1, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #39 of 42
In your experience, do you guys think that treble emphasised IEMs tend to have an 'airy' and 'wider' sound stage?

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #40 of 42
That is the common opinion and I have to say that my personal experiences don't contradict with that :)
It's just natural that you can locate higher frequencies better than low ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back