IEM's under $60 for Rock/Metal
Oct 6, 2011 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Hi Head-Fi forums,

I am new here, but I am looking for some IEM advice. I have heard that this is the place to come for audio help from a few of my friends who use this forum. I have also heard that some people on this forum like to spend $1000+ on headphones and then only describe what that DON'T like about them. Regardless, I could really use some audio help!

Right now I am using a pair of Koss PortaPro's which I really love. The highs and mids are all there for the metal I listen to, and the Bass is a nice extra. However, I can't use them in my school library because they leak a lot of sound and several people have already told me to turn my music off. So now I need some IEM's. I have around $60 to spend.

I live in the Bay Area, so I am fine with ordering from TigerDirect, NewEgg, Amazon, or Parts-Express. I also have Fry's and Microcenter nearby so I can purchase from those as well. I listen to a lot of metal, mainly European metal bands. I would prefer something that sounds just as good as my Koss PortaPro's or better, but I just really need them to be IEM's. I will be using them with my laptop and my SGS2 i9100. What would you guys recommend?

Oct 6, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 6
Oct 7, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #5 of 6
Brainwavz M2 sounds good. Maybe my NuForce NE-700X for sale :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back