IEMs under 200€
Feb 22, 2024 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JonnyB

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,
After my Dunu Studio SA3 broke, I need a new pair of IEMs to daily drive. I really liked how they sound and would like something similar, maybe a little more bass/low mids.

I listen to a wide range of genres, from rock, metal, hip hop to trance and techno.
They need to be driveable by a phone, though I have a Fiio X3.
A lot of the recommendations I've seen, don't really fit what i'm looking for(lethsuoer s12, shure se215...) and hope with my prefereces someone can reccomend something that fits me.

Edit: For further context, I don't like Headphones that are "too bright" or have pronounced treble(i'd rather have something that lacks treble, than something with too much of it). For me, the mids and vocals especially are very important, i really don't like sibilance(especially on some german vocals the "s" sounds are like daggers to my ears).

Thanks for your recommendations.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 4
The ones I use and don't need an amp, with Harman tuning so don't need eq:
7hz Salnotes Zero:2
Truthear Zero Blue (red is thinner for vocals, don't like those)
Simgot EA500 red nozzles less bright than black ones, the LM is too V shaped and male vocals too distant).
Moondrop Starfield, versatile with soundstage and easy to listen to all day. Can be used for gaming very effectively too. Good all arounder.

Feb 23, 2024 at 5:49 AM Post #3 of 4
The ones I use and don't need an amp, with Harman tuning so don't need eq:
7hz Salnotes Zero:2
Truthear Zero Blue (red is thinner for vocals, don't like those)
Simgot EA500 red nozzles less bright than black ones, the LM is too V shaped and male vocals too distant).
Moondrop Starfield, versatile with soundstage and easy to listen to all day. Can be used for gaming very effectively too. Good all arounder.
Thanks for your suggestions, maybe I'll try the Salnotes zero 2. They seem amazing for the price and later on I could get a more expensive pair of IEMs maybe with a Dac/amp for the phone.

The EA 500 seem a little bright to some(maybe that can be mitigated with different tips), the moondrops aren't in stock anywhere I looked(the Starfield II seem to have their own problems). The Truthears ar described as shouty/lacking lower mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back