IEMs that sound like the HD25-1-ii?
Feb 4, 2013 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

scuttle

500+ Head-Fier
For anyone who has the 25s, what IEMs have you heard that remind you most of them?

To quote ljokerl's review, I'm looking for IEMs that are

well-balanced, have good clarity and detail, and are quite transparent when it comes to sources. The bass is tight and accurate. It’s hard-hitting in character and more punchy

I'm open to suggestions at all price ranges, but much more likely to buy below $150. (I've had some great JVCs and Phillips around $25 in the past, so I won't discount anything as too cheap.)

Feb 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #2 of 6
The GR07, Sony EX600 are pretty close to your requirements and they are well balanced.

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #4 of 6
From looking at reviews, these all seem like pretty reasonable suggestions to me. The Ath CKN50 sounds especially interesting - it's a microdriver and the IEMs I've used that sounded most 25-like were cheap JVC microdriver units. This description from a review "high end (crisp but not harsh), slightly fuller mids, and deeper, tighter bass (but less of it)" certainly sounds right.

I am suprised that no suggested JVCs though - I expected their new microdriver units to the main suggestion, but that was purely extrapolating from their cheaper models.

Feb 5, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #5 of 6
"The bass is tight and accurate. It’s hard-hitting in character and more punchy"

reminds me of EX1000 immediately

Users who are viewing this thread

Back