IEMs that don't go around the ear?
Jan 21, 2006 at 5:22 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter
The Etymotic series don't require you to wrap the cable around your ears. ER-6i can be found under $100.

word son get the ER-6i.

Jan 21, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #4 of 14
lol, word son. you're funny.

edit: woops i missed rea you, i thought you meant around the back of your head like all the japense iem. in that case the westone and e2c is out. but if aruond the back of your head is fine then some of those japanese iem are an ok choice.

Jan 21, 2006 at 6:17 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigDee
word son get the ER-6i.

I agree wiff dem -- ain't no woof ticket. You be lov'n to gank da ER6i. Dem be pimp-tight an' don' cost too much bones, just like yo mammy, seen? Ya'll is mad stupid.

PEACE & BLING,

-Angler
580smile.gif

Jan 21, 2006 at 8:02 AM Post #6 of 14
...and the 'base' is sick!!! lol ho ho ho

Jan 21, 2006 at 8:09 AM Post #8 of 14
For the last two years I used the E3 and later the E4 on a daily basis. I never wrapped the cord around my ears; I put the Y-connector in my shirt on the back, very comfortable, no microphonics, and they stay put.

Jan 21, 2006 at 8:40 PM Post #10 of 14
3 ways to wear IEM's (at least the Shure IEM's):

- over the ear, behind the neck, behind your back
- over the ear, down in front of your body
- straight down (like 'normal' earphones)

So you can wear them like normal earphones if you want.

Jan 21, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #11 of 14
I can never get my Shure E4's to stay around my ear, so I use them normally without hardly any problems.

Jan 21, 2006 at 9:20 PM Post #12 of 14
For the first hour or so that i had my e2c's (recieved them about 3 hours ago), i didnt know that you were "supposed" to wear them around your ears. Ive tried them all three ways in Dzjudz's post, and they all work fine. Granted, if you are moving around a lot (like running) they probably wont stay in your ears unless they are wrapped around your ear, but for walking, or for sitting, striaght into the ear is just fine.
-g

Jan 22, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #13 of 14
you don't have to wear IEMs around the ear but it does serve a purpose by reducing microphonics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back