IEMs similar to the CKS77, but less jarring/better fit?
Sep 4, 2013 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

brainchow

New Head-Fier
So my beloved CKS77 died out on me and I'm in need of another set. Can you guys help me out here? Much appreciated.

Budget - South of $100. eBay/Amazon/used/refurbs is fine.

Source - iPhone 5 w/ Denon Audio app, gives me an EQ that I applied a huge bass boost to.

Requirements for Isolation - TONS. Will mainly be used in a loud bus environment. Not related, but I'd also like some that have some kind of fit system. Heavy IEMs tend to fall out of my ears alot- something the the behind-the-ear wire in the SE215s or the IE2's tips would be perfect.

Preferred Type of Headphone - IEMs. Nothing else.

Preferred tonal balance - Massive basshead. Looking for tons of sub-bass. I can sacrifice some mids-highs to get there but nothing terribly muddy.

Past headphones - CKS77... Oh man I loved those things. Unfortunately the left earbud died out on me and they're not the most aesthetically pleasing thing out there. But in terms of sound they were top notch. Tons of bass, not really lacking in the mids-highs department, absolutely perfect. I might just go for another pair but I'd like to try something new, preferably something a little less jarring and with a more secure fit.

Preferred Music - Dubstep, indie pop/rock... almost anything but country/classical. But again, bass comes first and foremost for me.

I'm currently checking out the SE215 and the IE2s, but I'm worried about the sub-bass on the SE215 and the overall bass/isolation on the IE2s. I really like their fit systems though.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back