IEMs similar to Audeo Phonak PFE 022
Nov 21, 2013 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

tehmightynapkin

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I've previously owned a pair of Audeo Phonak PFE 022s.  Unfortunately, I lost them (or had them stolen) at the airport while traveling last month.

I loved pretty much everything about them, and was pretty bummed when they came up missing.  I had a pair of the grey filters and found that one thing I really missed was the amount of bass the green filters provided.  It wasn't overwhelming, but it had a good amount of quantity and quality.

I'm toying with the idea of simply purchasing another, since I already know I like them, but I figured I'd poke around to see if anyone has any other suggestions.

I'm not a major audiophile by any means, but I love music, and appreciate quality sound.  A couple things I've realized about my tastes over the past couple years that may be helpful:

- I do prefer warmer sound signatures
- I've grown fond of the over-the-ear cabling
- I'm fairly prone to fatigue when highs are too pronounced
- I do enjoy a good amount of bass, probably more than an 'accurate' listener, but I don't want my ear drums to shatter
- A Mic was a pretty handy feature to have for hands-free operation while driving

Around $100 is my budget.

Thanks!

P.S. I'm also just realizing that Phonak no longer makes IEMs, so I may be looking at obtaining a used pair if I decide to stand pat.

Nov 22, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #2 of 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back