1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

IEM's? Getting my feet wet, few questions.

1. TunneLVisioN42
    I have owned plenty of full sized open headphones and among them my preferred sound signatures tilted towards warm (HD 518 HD 558 HD HE-400) Though the HE-400's are a tad bright,
    I find I tend to agree with Tyll alot at Innerfidelity but his wall of fame of choices that are in my budget include the Spider Realvoice, and Shure SR 215, I thought the Spider's looked really uncomfortable and awkward.

So I was thinking about grabbing some Shure SR 215's but I was around a bit more at Headroom and they recommend the UE350 as a "TOP 10 under $500" and then I noticed the UE500 is about the same price.

That had me looking at the:
    Shure SR 215
    UE350
    UE500

I would prefer $100 as a maximum budget, I'm not looking for a flagship but just the most I can squeeze from my money so I have something okay to listen to on the move, thats when I started wondering if there is something like the ATH-M50 of IEM's that many people recommend to get started with?

Also checking out:
    Woodess iESW101V Vintage
    AKG Q350
    Senn CX300 II

Any information on a stand out sub $100 competitor will be greatly appreciated.

Also VERY curious about the Hifiman IEMS.