IEMs for school and sleeping in?
May 9, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by woopididi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why are you attacking me? do you see me quoting you? no. i was speaking to anyone who did it, not YOU.
and if you are feeling so attacked by every post someone makes in a forum, YOU should grow up.

i apologise
biggrin.gif
i was not attacking relax, i assumed it was aimed at me as it was immediately after my post and subjected about my post.

but yeh i still think wearing earphones in bed is a bad idea in general, just my opinion

May 9, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #32 of 34
Woah, well I did not expect this to get so heated, I just wanted something that would be comfortable to sleep in. I might trade in my old earbuds, Im not sure but then again I am leaning towards Q-Jays because of sound and review.

I wouldnt be pleased, but it wouldnt kill me if they dont last too long because I am going to get a custom IEM in the future

Edit: Upon further review you did make me consider not being able to hear assassinations

May 9, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #33 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with you, but it is related to the loudness/intensity of the sound in relation with time. If you fall asleep at reasonable (not high) levels of sound it should not be a problem. I do agree with you about warning (especially younger) people about this problem though.

Yes, that's what I was saying, actually. Duration in conjuction to any set volume becomes more than rellevent, not just sheer volume within itself. 85 DB's (A-weight) @ 8 hrs. (as I'm sure many know) is the standard time of listening in which is to be considered safe. At night, (in particular) that's pretty loud w/ good isolation, more than enough IMO. At 60 - 70 (roughly) your ears will tempoary sustain a slight degree of temp. hearing loss, but nothing that won't recover over a nights rest. Personally, I set all my music at a C-weight of 65 - 75 (give or take) 2/3db's and listen to music ALL day. That's like several days of constant listening (no rest in between) before I would be subject to any kind of permanent damage
smily_headphones1.gif
Plus, temp. hearing loss is kept in check for the most part being that I'm under the avg. noise levels of society, particularly when driving each day on the HW.

May 10, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #34 of 34
sa6..slightly bigger than qjays but very comfortable tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back