Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinyFalcon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
assassination

Deal with on a daily basis.

pink

May 9, 2008 at 8:39 AM Post #18 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, I fall asleep with my UM2's all the time. Very comfortable annot dangerous at all. Where did that come from?

Well, I'm not sure if this was the intent of the post, but falling asleep w/ sound to loud will cause permanent damage to your actual hearing. Since, all volumes of various levels have a permissable set-time deemed safe in maintaining normal hearing. The duration of sound is just (if not more so) as important as the actual decibel count. There are a decent amount of articles out there claiming tests of how head/ear phones today are causing more damage then louder frequencies taken in during much shorter sessions. People (kids) are more inclined to wear their music, which can be of considerable concern if they aren't keeping track, as they should.

May 9, 2008 at 9:32 AM Post #19 of 34
That's exactly why you set sleep timers when you plan on napping with phones on. I set mine for 20 minutes, keep the volume moderate, and doze off. IEMs help in this respect as they simply do not need a lot of volume to silence ambient noise.

It also depends on how you sleep; if you're a roller, then design's imperative. I have a pair o E4Cs which are by no means meant for sleeping, but the way I rest my head and the fact that I'm the twilight zone after slipping into rest means zero trouble as far as durability issues go. If I'm feeling particularly antsy, I just use my cheap modded jvc marshmallows.

However, I have a bizarre habit of subconsciously taking the phones out when they're done playing, wrapping them lightly, setting them neatly on a desk, and waking up in the morning without remembering a darned thing. At least I *think* that it's me.

Or many it's some magic audio goblin watching over my gear =\

May 9, 2008 at 10:13 AM Post #20 of 34
Thank you everyone for putting their two cents in here. What I would want is be able to lay on my side and be comfortable and of course, I always set a sleep timer for about an hour right when I lay down.

I am curious can you put the shure olive foam on q-jays?

May 9, 2008 at 10:59 AM Post #22 of 34
i might suggest the denon ah-c551. have heard a lot of good things about them, and they seem good. am hoping to buy some soon. (i chose these over super.fi pro as they are aluminium, and i do not take good care of my stuff, so i hope these will last longer).

May 9, 2008 at 11:23 AM Post #23 of 34
Is it dangerous to fall asleep with the creative ep-630's? I didn't try it yet, because I don't want to damage my ears or anything, couldn't care less about damaging the 630's compared to my ears
smily_headphones1.gif
. The guy with the assasination's argument had a valid point!

May 9, 2008 at 11:29 AM Post #24 of 34
i personally wouldnt sleep with any earphones plugged into my ears, something just tells me that your inner ears will not benifit much from lack of fresh clean air, my inner ears get hot and moist after an hour of listening so over night is not favourable.

and lets not for get earphones are connected to cables and rolling all over these cables while asleep will likely pull on the connection to the earpieces and shorten the life of your expensive earphones.

May 9, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #25 of 34
stop preaching him about your opinion on sleeping with earpohnes. he decided he want to sleep with earphones already, he just need a suggestion for a low profile comfortable earphone.

May 9, 2008 at 12:11 PM Post #26 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by woopididi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
stop preaching him about your opinion on sleeping with earpohnes. he decided he want to sleep with earphones already, he just need a suggestion for a low profile comfortable earphone.

are you blind?? i said i wouldnt sleep in any earphones, so my answer to his question is no earphones are great to sleep in. grow up and stop starting to flame for no reason

i was just advising that whatever his choice of earphones will be to just be careful while sleeping with any expensive equipment attatched to you

May 9, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #28 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDeliveryMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can trade in your old earbuds for cash, and pick up a CX300, which is a shallow-in ear and very comfortable and discrete in style and fit.

i sense an ulterior motive to this recommendation, but what?

May 9, 2008 at 1:19 PM Post #29 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you blind?? i said i wouldnt sleep in any earphones, so my answer to his question is no earphones are great to sleep in. grow up and stop starting to flame for no reason

i was just advising that whatever his choice of earphones will be to just be careful while sleeping with any expensive equipment attatched to you

why are you attacking me? do you see me quoting you? no. i was speaking to anyone who did it, not YOU.
and if you are feeling so attacked by every post someone makes in a forum, YOU should grow up.

May 9, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron5604 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I'm not sure if this was the intent of the post, but falling asleep w/ sound to loud will cause permanent damage to your actual hearing. Since, all volumes of various levels have a permissable set-time deemed safe in maintaining normal hearing. The duration of sound is just (if not more so) as important as the actual decibel count.

I agree with you, but it is related to the loudness/intensity of the sound in relation with time. If you fall asleep at reasonable (not high) levels of sound it should not be a problem. I do agree with you about warning (especially younger) people about this problem though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back