IEM's for me? ($100-$140) range
Nov 14, 2010 at 1:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

ValSic

100+ Head-Fier
I'm fairly knew to the IEM scene but I'm not really new to headphones.
I own a Sennheiser HD 555 with a FiiO E5 but I got tired of it since I can't really use them outside. (Well i can definitely use 'em but it'll look weird and the sound leaks since they're open cans.

Can you guys suggest an IEM that're good for K-Pop , Acoustic , Rap , and some modern rock music?

Nov 14, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #3 of 28
ATM Im looking at:

Head Direct RE0

or

Sennheiser IE7 (Refurbished one from adgtron)

That are the only ones I've seen so far but if there are better IEMs for the price range I've said please recommend some. It'll be greatly appreciated.

Nov 14, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #5 of 28
^
Would there be a difference in sound when I compare my hd 555's to the IE6's?
Are the IE6's good for my taste of music? Since for me , the HD 555's are little laid back in terms of sound.

Nov 14, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #6 of 28
I've recently been reading a lot about the Monster Turbines, they sound like a good fit for what you're looking for.  I've ordered a pair and will be receiving them Wednesday, I'll let you know for sure when I get my hands on them.

Nov 14, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #7 of 28
Yeah I've seen that on Amazon too. I think it's only $102 Brand New
http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Turbine-High-Performance-In-Ear-Speakers/dp/B001LNO722/ref=sr_du_2_map?ie=UTF8&qid=1289767190&sr=8-2
Thanks and won't you need to burn it in though?

Nov 14, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #8 of 28
I don't know much about IE6/7/8, sorry.

I share your feelings about "laid-back" sound, I find most audio gear too laid-back for me, I prefer an upfront and engaging sound, and I really dislike when there's a "veil" on the music, these characteristics are pretty common in Sennheiser I think, not to mention Sennheiser are a little expensive, I used to like them because of their great spacious 3D sound, but you can find that in other brands too.

Since you're in the US, I can recommend Panasonic HJE900, they only cost $89 there, they're over $200 in Japan.  Dont' let the brand name fool you, they're actually made by Technics, which are famous for their DJ tables and stuff.  I've heard they're "upfront", some users even call them overpowering, when I'm the US I might pick up a pair.

Check these out too, Yuin OK2, Sony EX510, Sony EX600, Etymotic MC5, Final Audio Heaven A1.

Nov 14, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #9 of 28
^
I've read about the HJE900 too and they said that the mesh filters fall out.
I'm gonna check out the other five and see if they fit my taste.

Nov 14, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #10 of 28
I have the ie6, they are terrible. too much bass, not detailed enough for my taste. I listen to similar types of music and i absolutely hate my ie6, i can buy $14 ksc75 that sound better(much more detailed) than the ie6. Ie6 are not worth the price at all. And I have the m50s which are known to have a lot of bass, I just don't like the ie6 bass at all. The ie6 sounds like there is a "vail" just like the poster above stated and i absolutely cannot stand that.

Nov 14, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #11 of 28
^
lol thanks for the heads up. I was about to consider them in my "probability" list.

But as of now I'm leaning towards

HJE 9000 , the monster turbines , the ie7 refurb (I got a confirmation from a thread that he's a legit seller and that they're genuine) , the Yuin OK2 , or the Etymotic MC5

Nov 14, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #12 of 28
No prob, Im planning on upgrading to the HJE900 or the Sunrise Xcape(you should check those out) soon too. I'm just waiting to see if ill be able to sell my ie6 and some games to a friend. Keep me posted on what you get and what do you think of them.

Nov 14, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #13 of 28
^
Yeah Ima still do research since I'm waiting for my fake beat's tour refund which was $72 and im also selling my hd 555's with my FiiO E5 for $80.
That's my overall budget for a new IEM. And sure , I'll tell you what I think about the IEM that I'm about to get but as of now im not sure yet.

Nov 14, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

HJE 9000 , the monster turbines , the ie7 refurb (I got a confirmation from a thread that he's a legit seller and that they're genuine) , the Yuin OK2 , or the Etymotic MC5

Just to clarify, Yuin PK1, OK1 and OK2 have the same huge spacious soundstage, if you don't mind narrow soundstrage and want to save money, get OK3.

Sorry for recommending the expensive EX600 and Heaven A1's, but sometimes for a long-term investment it's worth it, especially if you're going to sell your full-size headphones.

Don't forget Fischer Audio, they are all the rave right now, high quality at low price from Russia.

Nov 14, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #15 of 28

Quote:
Quote:

Just to clarify, Yuin PK1, OK1 and OK2 have the same huge spacious soundstage, if you don't mind narrow soundstrage and want to save money, get OK3.

Sorry for recommending the expensive EX600 and Heaven A1's, but sometimes for a long-term investment it's worth it, especially if you're going to sell your full-size headphones.

Don't forget Fischer Audio, they are all the rave right now, high quality at low price from Russia.

I haven't seen the EX600 and the A1's yet. Do you mind if you give me links for their infos? (price , tech infos , etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back