IEM's For Keeps! No ifs, ands, or buts!
Dec 18, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #63 of 71
I can safely add the UM Miracle to my list, which easily takes the place of my current top-tier universals any day of the week.

Dec 18, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #64 of 71
Ah, Rehan you finally got them
biggrin.gif

Brilliant aren't they - I've used mine for about 7 hours today heh - I still do enjoy the Tandems and GR07's every now and then, mainly when I'm not in the mood for the seal the Miracles give.

Enjoy mate
beerchug.gif

Dec 18, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #65 of 71
 I was one of the very early adoptors of eq-7s and to me they still my top universal out of ones I have, nice balanced sound/
Triplefi10 is next, just like everyone else - hate the fit but love the sounding bit/ I like the fun sound sig so much it was the only time I ever bought same iem twice and NOT through the Amazon deal!
 My third one is JH16 simply for its smooth sound with bass that rivals top tier headphones//

Dec 18, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #66 of 71
Quote:
Ah, Rehan you finally got them
biggrin.gif

Brilliant aren't they - I've used mine for about 7 hours today heh - I still do enjoy the Tandems and GR07's every now and then, mainly when I'm not in the mood for the seal the Miracles give.

Enjoy mate
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
 They've exceeded my every expectation, my friend. I was afraid that the thought of diminishing returns would haunt me from the moment I give the Miracles a go, especially now that I own even universals such as the PFE232 ($600). On the contrary, the performance gain I hear when going from the Miracle to any one of my top tiers is simply priceless. 
biggrin.gif
 However, I'd never undermine the performance of my many top tier universals, since I'd much rather leave universals and custom comparisons aside, as they each serve unique purposes, as far as I'm concerned.

Dec 18, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #67 of 71
Earsonics SM3v1. Overall my favorite IEM so far; there's just so many things it just does right.

Jul 15, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #68 of 71
I have had Klipsch x10i's for a little over a year now, they are for sure my favorite IEM, I have tried Etymotic mc3 and HF3 which I did not like at all because of the lack of bass, however now my taste in music has completely changed and I prefer a flat accurate frequency response over the slanted V on the equalizer, I haven't tried too many high end IEM's but a lot of low and mid range iem's so I am sure people would choose something different then the Klipsch x10's but I choose them because of their comfort, I sleep with them every night, they sound great unamped with every genre I have heard, especially Jazz & Classical, wow.. I would never spent 350$ on these mostly because I got them for free...

I have seen the x10's going for 199.99 which seems more reasonable, but I still would have a hard time spending that much on an iem, I spent 180 on my Sennheiser HD 558's and that was a lot to me, probably because I am just working part time right now with a ton of bills.. I got my x10i's for free from Klipsch because I posted a review on their website about the s4 & s4i's build quality how they fall apart and I went through so many pairs on warranty so I get an email from a Klipsch rep saying he wants to mail me a pair of x10i's to make it up to me, I thought it was fake but I gave my address and and name anyway figuring that's all he's asking for, whatever.. I receive a pair in the mail a week later shocked and blown away..

Jul 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #69 of 71
That is quite a bump, but I'll bite.... Ie80's I love the sound, but equally as important is I love the comfort. These are the first IEM's that I can put in a forget about them, the first IEM's I can sleep in, not just fall asleep with them in but actually not wake up to take them out. I am planning on buying others but I can't see that I'll be getting rid of these.

Jul 15, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #70 of 71
Well, I've had my ie8s for 2-and-a-half years but am completely bored with them.

I do love my Beyerdynamics which seem to have the same build quality.

Jul 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #71 of 71
My IE80 for the fun factor and soundstage.
My UE Triple Fi customs for fit and fun sound.
My GR07 for everthing they do great.  Incredible price to performance ratio.
My Phonaks for the analytical side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back