IEMs for approx 650$~700$. Onkyo DP-X1
Sep 2, 2016 at 2:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

damex

100+ Head-Fier
hello,
    i am living in vietnam and there is high humidity here. i don't think it is wise to normally buy IEMs second hand (i normally don't trust people, but if there is a good deal - i would go for it).

i would like to find a good pair of IEMs for myself to use with Onkyo DP-x1.
    vocals and melodic music is my preference.

i see there is Westone UM Pro 50. is that any good? people write me that it is quite bassy :frowning2:
    i checked if i can get a discounted SE846 - nope, the least i can get it for is 950~$. it is over budget. i can make it happen but i need to make sure they're worth it.

what i don't like about that IEMs:
    - cable-over-ear is not always comfortable.
    - mmcx connector breaks easily (become loose).

is there something else i can try?

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #2 of 7
You can find brand new shures 846 on the trade forums here. They go for like $700

Sep 4, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #4 of 7
Try U6 or U8 at Massdrop https://www.massdrop.com/buy/1964-audio-u-series-iems

Sep 8, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #5 of 7
Got used Sony XBA-A3 since i haven't found anything yet.
No music === no life.

No luck with massdrop. Can't order there ;(

Any other recommendation? I tried UM Pro 50 and i'd prefer XBA-A3 to them. price difference, soft(-er) over ear rubbers, different signature.

Sep 8, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #6 of 7
Earsonics Velvet is a great option in that price range for new IEMs, in sale section i have seen them as low as  $400 which IMO is a steal. The reason i am recommending that is, it is a safe bet to satisfy most blind buyers as it does not do anything wrong. Bass/Highs are great , decent mids if not great. Details and SS are great as well, efficient to drive. So difficult to go wrong with them. 

But if vocals and mids are the priority then SE846 should be the one for you though Velvet does most song genres well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back