IEMs + dac(optional) in $150 budget + advice on my current situation
Dec 16, 2023 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

greengtg

New Head-Fier
Hey, I have unusual problem.

For the past years I've been using sennheiser 365/375 (a few pairs), a few days ago my latest one came apart and my friend convinced me to try something else instead of buying the same model.

I bought SIMGOT EW200 on amazon, it's been a few days and ngl I am disappointed so far.

They are heavy (compared to sennheisers that were plastic and sometimes I even forgot I have them on my ears), the difference in sound quality is not THAT big (there is a noticable one but not enough to justify 4x the price and the discomfort).

I am aware that getting used to wearing them is a big part of the comfort, first day I had to take them off after an hour, right now it's somehow bearable but still my ears need a break after some time (which is not something im looking for in earphones).

I spend a lot of time in front of pc (12h+ daily), having uncomfortable earphones is out of the question.

I'm not an audiophile and I'm nost listening to music all the time.

Some gaming (CS2), watching youtube videos/anime and I mostly listen to anime's soundtracks.

If by the end of next week I don't get used to wearing my EW200 I will be returning them.

So my question is: should I try a different IEMs + dac(optional) in a $150 budget or just get a new pair of my sennheiser mx 375?

//this is a copy paste from my reddit thread as only one person replied to me.
I was recommended trying Simgot em6l without dac as they are lighter than ew200 this might be more comfortable for me (what about sound quality in these?)

Dec 16, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #2 of 5
Dec 16, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #3 of 5
I just traded my Simgot EA500 in for the 7hz Salnotes Zero:2 which sound amazing and light as a kite. The Truthear Zero Blue are comfort kings with smooth shells, but need a low impedance source (under 1.2ohm output impedance). The 7hz are 32ohm and work well with anything.

Dec 16, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #4 of 5
If you want something like the Sennheiser, I would look for flathead earbuds. There's an entire thread on them.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/
I really wanted to try something high end even tho im a complete newbie, let's say my budget is up to $200.
I don't think the tips are the problem, from what I heard ew200 are on the heavier side and that's probably why i feel uncomfortable after a longer period of time.
I just traded my Simgot EA500 in for the 7hz Salnotes Zero:2 which sound amazing and light as a kite. The Truthear Zero Blue are comfort kings with smooth shells, but need a low impedance source (under 1.2ohm output impedance). The 7hz are 32ohm and work well with anything.
Looks like Salnotes Zero:2 are no available on amazon pl/uk.
Are there any other iems up to $200 (or cheaper+dac) that you would recommend? First priority is comfort but I'd like them to sound good as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back