IEMs below $150 for bass, clarity and warmth?
Jun 3, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:
How are you finding them?

If you want to hear impactful, rumble-filled bass, the gr07s won't quite cut it for you. I listen to hip hop and a little bit of older rock. They're perfect for rock, and they're great for hip hop, too...but sometimes I want the hard-hitting bass. The clarity on these are unbelievable. If your music is in 320kbps, you'll probably hear sounds that you've never heard on your old IEMs. I probably won't be spending this much on IEMs again, though, since I'm just a student. It was money well-spent, though.

edit: If you widen your budget an extra $30, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the gr07. Headfi loves them, and I've never found negativity typed about these. I've even google searched "gr07 sucks" and "gr07 overrated," yet I still can't find anything bad about them. I usually look for negative reviews on every big purchase I make, since I think that sometimes people can be prone to justifying their money spent, and would hate to think that they wasted money. Don't get me wrong, I check out positive reviews, too. But, I'm more interested in the negative reviews (weird, I know).

Jun 4, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:
If you want to hear impactful, rumble-filled bass, the gr07s won't quite cut it for you. I listen to hip hop and a little bit of older rock. They're perfect for rock, and they're great for hip hop, too...but sometimes I want the hard-hitting bass. The clarity on these are unbelievable. If your music is in 320kbps, you'll probably hear sounds that you've never heard on your old IEMs. I probably won't be spending this much on IEMs again, though, since I'm just a student. It was money well-spent, though.

edit: If you widen your budget an extra $30, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the gr07. Headfi loves them, and I've never found negativity typed about these. I've even google searched "gr07 sucks" and "gr07 overrated," yet I still can't find anything bad about them. I usually look for negative reviews on every big purchase I make, since I think that sometimes people can be prone to justifying their money spent, and would hate to think that they wasted money. Don't get me wrong, I check out positive reviews, too. But, I'm more interested in the negative reviews (weird, I know).

thats a smart thing to do 
size]

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #19 of 27
I am exactly on the same boat/dilemma as you. I also want a new iem that has good quality and quantity bass (full and textured) as well as with decent clarity, details and the sound to have "spatial feel" (not small or congested). The reviews of the gr07 (BE) are indeed almost unanimously positive so it is really compelling to buy.
I have already asked in the gr07 BE thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/630585/vsonic-gr07-bass-edition-impressions/1065#post_9492830 if they may suit for generes like vocal trance, metal and rock and famas48 advised that they may not suit my preferences (mid-bass wise or sub-bass/rumble wise?).
So at the end of the day, I am still not sure which one to choose: the gr07 BE, the EPH-100 or some other iem (MEElectronics M-DUO, brainwavz r3). For the moment, I will keep thinking ...

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:
I am exactly on the same boat/dilemma as you. I also want a new iem that has good quality and quantity bass (full and textured) as well as with decent clarity, details and the sound to have "spatial feel" (not small or congested). The reviews of the gr07 (BE) are indeed almost unanimously positive so it is really compelling to buy.
I have already asked in the gr07 BE thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/630585/vsonic-gr07-bass-edition-impressions/1065#post_9492830 if they may suit for generes like vocal trance, metal and rock and famas48 advised that they may not suit my preferences (mid-bass wise or sub-bass/rumble wise?).
So at the end of the day, I am still not sure which one to choose: the gr07 BE, the EPH-100 or some other iem (MEElectronics M-DUO, brainwavz r3). For the moment, I will keep thinking ...

It's really tricky, I know it's not everything but I don't like the GR07 design and I have to get them sent from Honk Kong. I'm leaning towards the EPH's, Thinksound TS02's and maybe the new Westone Alpha's

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:
It's really tricky, I know it's not everything but I don't like the GR07 design and I have to get them sent from Honk Kong. I'm leaning towards the EPH's, Thinksound TS02's and maybe the new Westone Alpha's

I'm trying to get my hands on the Alpha's.  They're 200 though.  The M-Duo isn't a bad IEM by any means either. TS02 still has more bass than the M-Duo.

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

I'm trying to get my hands on the Alpha's.  They're 200 though.  The M-Duo isn't a bad IEM by any means either. TS02 still has more bass than the M-Duo.

How do you think the Alpha's will be? I'm close to getting them but I have to get them shipped over from the US. Any idea if "Extended bass" means a lot?

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:
How do you think the Alpha's will be? I'm close to getting them but I have to get them shipped over from the US. Any idea if "Extended bass" means a lot?

Can't tell you.  Extended, by definition means deep with good depth...  The UE 900s have extended bass, but by no means are bass monsters.  Westone's IEMs, their upper tier anyway, have never been light on bass though.  The W4, although not bassy enough for you, has quite a bit of quantity, their W3s were more likely than not designed for bassheads (based on what I've read) XD

Jun 4, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Can't tell you.  Extended, by definition means deep with good depth...  The UE 900s have extended bass, but by no means are bass monsters.  Westone's IEMs, their upper tier anyway, have never been light on bass though.  The W4, although not bassy enough for you, has quite a bit of quantity, their W3s were more likely than not designed for bassheads (based on what I've read) XD

Yeah thats what I thought, I've just never listened to Westone's before and the drivers in it are very small. I don't want it being W1/UM1 quality and be paying a premium for the sporty gimmicks.

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Yeah thats what I thought, I've just never listened to Westone's before and the drivers in it are very small. I don't want it being W1/UM1 quality and be paying a premium for the sporty gimmicks.

W3 would actually fit your bass needs :p same with the 3.Ai, both BA based.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back