IEM's and air pressure inside the ears
Sep 2, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #31 of 36
You can pierce a hole in any silicon tip. This little hole will not affect the noise cancelling but will let the pressure to equalize no matter how deep you pushed your iem. I've been using this for a decade because my left ear somehow tries to reject the iem and removes the bass in several minutes of listening to vacuum iems. This never happens with iems that has vents in them.

The pierced hole should be in the right place so your ear will not close it (for spin fits you can pierce from inside through the place that makes spinfits what they are). Also after this you should remember which of 2 tips is pierced and not to tear them apart while removing.

It helps me, but may be no help for you, you should understand that you can waste your ear tip. The point is that this little hole closes by itself when there is no pressure or it is not enough to escape, that is why it doesn't affect the noise cancelling. Use this advise at your own risk. Also give your iem a moment for this hole to work, since it is small and closed by itself it works not instantly but very mildly. I have never pierced 2 holes, 1 was always enough.
20210215_170543.jpg20210215_170549.jpg20210215_170714.jpg20210215_170737.jpg
Let me know if that helped someone, I would be happy. Because this issue driven me mad and I would pay for this solution back in a day :ksc75smile:
It has worked just fine for me with spinfits and final A8000.
GRATEFUL

Oct 20, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #32 of 36
Slightly OT but might find a follow up here..

I noticed that almost with any iem ( totl iem the most ) the sound changes significantly when , once iem tips are inserted in the ear canal and seal done- , I push the front iem in the frontal direction ( towards / cheeks direction ) .
The stage opens slightly voices are somewhat more natural base tightens and midbass bloom lightens..not much bass impact loss really.

Pleasant effect , probably due to my ear anatomy and eardrum position not being aligned with nozzles when the tips are inserted amd seal is done.

Unfortunately as i release them , they get naturally back to the tip / seal 'natural' more ortogonal angle , and the sound changes back ; it is likely the nozzle direction is not perfectly matched to my eardrum in this way .

Anyone tried or experienced a same situation?

Normal
20231020_223100~2.jpg

Pushed front
20231020_223114~2.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023 at 1:17 AM Post #34 of 36
Slightly OT but might find a follow up here..

I noticed that almost with any iem ( totl iem the most ) the sound changes significantly when , once iem tips are inserted in the ear canal and seal done- , I push the front iem in the frontal direction ( towards / cheeks direction ) .
The stage opens slightly voices are somewhat more natural base tightens and midbass bloom lightens..not much bass impact loss really.

Pleasant effect , probably due to my ear anatomy and eardrum position not being aligned with nozzles when the tips are inserted amd seal is done.

Unfortunately as i release them , they get naturally back to the tip / seal 'natural' more ortogonal angle , and the sound changes back ; it is likely the nozzle direction is not perfectly matched to my eardrum in this way .

Anyone tried or experienced a same situation?

Normal

Pushed front

Have you tried spinfits?
https://spinfit-eartip.com

Oct 22, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #36 of 36
Not still
Does it work better in directioning the nozzle output rightly and towards eardrum ..?

Which one should I get?

Thanks appreciated

I didn't use spinfits myself, it just rang a bell because they seem to address the exact issue you're describing. Maybe others can chime in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back