IEM with the most bass. Superfi 10vi's not getting the job done.
Oct 11, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #16 of 28
IE8s have a lot of bass and midbass..don't know if that's your thing or not.  Also as mentioned too the Atrios have a lot of good quality bass and bass quantity.

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #18 of 28
Update:

I received my IE-20XB (aka UE 5 EB).  The bass is insane, but that doesn't mean perfect.  Mid/high end bass is overpowering, and bleeds badly into the mid, which are lacking, and the highs are too punchy/loud.

I'm so spoiled by the highs in my 10vi, and the 5eb are drastically inferior on the upper end, but far superior on the lower end.  If I could mix the highs/mids from the 10vi with the bass from the 5eb i'd have a perfect IEM.

Using eq settings I can get the 5 eb sounding pretty nice on my PC, but my iPod is just so so.  I find my self missing the clarity of the 10vi in the vocal/mids, and the balance in the highs. 

Listening to rap I prefer the 5eb, anything else I prefer the 10vi.  So now i'm carrying around two sets of headphones.

Does anyone have a direct comparison of the 10vi to the IE8? or Monster Turbine Pros?  I thought I could deal with inferior mids/highs for more bass, but I'm not sure I can now.

Are the 10vi that clear/balanced in mids/highs or are the 5eb just that inferior?  I wish I could try about 10 different sets of IEMs!

I'm debating selling the IE-20XB already after 3 days.  If I do, right now I'm leaning towards Monster Turbine Pros.

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #19 of 28
If you sell the IE-20XB's, make sure you get legit Turbine Pro's from an authorized seller. They have been plagued with quality control issues and you will more than likely have to use the lifetime warranty at least once.

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:
If you sell the IE-20XB's, make sure you get legit Turbine Pro's from an authorized seller. They have been plagued with quality control issues and you will more than likely have to use the lifetime warranty at least once.

I also can't seem to find if they have removable cables.  I'm rough on cables, I've gone through 2 pair on my UE 10vi's so far.  Luckily logitech sells them for 20 bucks.

I've realize that the highs/mids are more important than the bass, so I guess I'm after the top end IEMS with the MOST bass, not the IEMS with the most bass (and crappy mids/highs).

So if anyone knows of a pair of IEMs that rival the UE 10vi in terms of mids/highs but more lows.

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #21 of 28
Turbine Pro's don't have removable cables but have a lifetime guarantee if bought from an authorized seller. However, if you damage them accidentally, you only get one exchange with monster. If they fail without you damaging them, then there is an unlimited amount of returns.

Try the PFE232. I found that they had more bass than the TF10 while having beautiful sounding mids and highs. They are expensive but they are worth it to me and they also have removable cables.

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #22 of 28
The Futuresonics m5 mg7 are ugly, but  to be honest..few people spend any amount of time looking at your ears, unless they have a fetish of some sort.
They are comfortable if you use the foam eartips or if you don't mind much about comfort, the dual flanges will work as well.
Mg7's are a bit v shaped in sound signature, but the bass is really good, hard hitting and clear, few universals can hold a candle to them in terms of bass. The soundstage could be better, everything feels a tiny bit closed. Monster coppers have serious build quality issues, the shells frequently split after even light usage, the lifetime warranty is appreciated, but it would be much preferred if they didn't break in first place, the driver flex was rather annoying as well (I doubt it's indicative of quality, but still bothersome). For $105 or so, the m5's are a pretty good deal for any prospective bassheads.

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:
The Futuresonics m5 mg7 are ugly, but  to be honest..few people spend any amount of time looking at your ears, unless they have a fetish of some sort.
They are comfortable if you use the foam eartips or if you don't mind much about comfort, the dual flanges will work as well.
Mg7's are a bit v shaped in sound signature, but the bass is really good, hard hitting and clear, few universals can hold a candle to them in terms of bass. The soundstage could be better, everything feels a tiny bit closed. Monster coppers have serious build quality issues, the shells frequently split after even light usage, the lifetime warranty is appreciated, but it would be much preferred if they didn't break in first place, the driver flex was rather annoying as well (I doubt it's indicative of quality, but still bothersome). For $105 or so, the m5's are a pretty good deal for any prospective bassheads.

I'm honestly leaning towards the IE80s.  I've been reading reviews for about 8 hours now, and I hear nothing but good things about the IE80s.  The big selling point to me is the bass adjustment on the side... being able to tune the headphones to my liking is pretty key.

I'm afraid the mids/highs aren't going to be as good as my TF10 though, which puts me in the same boat I'm in now with the 5 eb (ie-20xb).

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #25 of 28
I think i'm just going to buck up and purchase some Custom IEMs.

The UM Merlins, or Miracles look amazing.  I use my IEMs every single day.  I use them about 5 hours at work, then at the house when cleaning, cutting the grass, working out... I keep wasting money on Universal, so I think i'll try some Customs.

I just need to research and make sure they are the ones I want, its a big investment.  Right now I'm leaning towards the UM Merlins though.

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:
I think i'm just going to buck up and purchase some Custom IEMs.

The UM Merlins, or Miracles look amazing.  I use my IEMs every single day.  I use them about 5 hours at work, then at the house when cleaning, cutting the grass, working out... I keep wasting money on Universal, so I think i'll try some Customs.

I just need to research and make sure they are the ones I want, its a big investment.  Right now I'm leaning towards the UM Merlins though.

MG6Pro for bass. I've not owned any UMs, but it's pretty evident from the reviews here that the MG6Pro and JH16s are the CIEM bass monsters. I've owned, and loved the MG6. I lost mine in a cab in Tokyo.

Oct 16, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #27 of 28
Quote:
MG6Pro for bass. I've not owned any UMs, but it's pretty evident from the reviews here that the MG6Pro and JH16s are the CIEM bass monsters. I've owned, and loved the MG6. I lost mine in a cab in Tokyo.

the JH16 i hear alot about... the audiologist suggested JH16s as their best Custom IEM... but the were about 400 more than the Merlins.  If i'm going Custom IEM then i'd rather do it right, but 400 would push me back another month or two to save.

I really need to find a side by side comparison of the JH16 and UM Miracles and Merlins.

Oct 16, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #28 of 28
I'm surprised no ones mentioned the JVC FX-700, definitely my favorite bass out of any IEM. I also prefer the ex-1000's bass over the ie80's. I just can't seem to fall for the ie80's as many other people here have, looking to sell them soon so I can fund my fx-700 addiction (lost them). I also find the ex-1000's go extremely well with Poweramp out of my phone, they EQ amazingly and the tone controls like bass treble and stereoX bring my ex1000's to a whole 'nother level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back