IEM with huge soundstage, forward mids, detail and clarity
Oct 24, 2013 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Love Music

500+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm looking for an iem with huge soundstage, but with forward mids/vocals and also must have good clarity/resolution and details. In terms of bass I'm looking for something that's neutral. The treble must have some sparkle and good treble extension but never harsh/sibilant. I listen to pretty much any types of music ranging from rock, metal, post rock, alternative rock, vocals, jazz, math rock, shoegazer, classical, piano, pop, rap, hip hop etc. Because some of the music i listen to can be quite complex so imaging and instrument seperation must also be good.

Also good isolation and comfort is a must.

Budget below $500.

Thanks. 

Oct 25, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #8 of 31
Bumping this thread as I'm also in the market to replace my lovely pair of Phonak PFE112s (had them for 2+ years now). They sound great and tick most of the boxes here, barring the wide soundstage (there's more depth than breadth); but I think my pair are dying a very slow and painful death soon.

Tried the UE900 too and I concur that not only do vocals sound hollow, there is also that unmistakable "mud" ever present in a lot of the commercial-sounding IEMs of late.

I find that the Westone 4 comes close but it's still very unrefined and not as smooth compared to the Phonaks.

Tried the K3003i too. While it's a very nice pair of IEMs, the bass-heavy balance of the AKG just doesn't make it go well with portable devices.

From my experience, it's also safe to say that Shure SE-series can be ruled out too. The balance just isn't there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oct 26, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #10 of 31
  Bumping this thread as I'm also in the market to replace my lovely pair of Phonak PFE112s (had them for 2+ years now). They sound great and tick most of the boxes here, barring the wide soundstage (there's more depth than breadth); but I think my pair are dying a very slow and painful death soon.

Tried the UE900 too and I concur that not only do vocals sound hollow, there is also that unmistakable "mud" ever present in a lot of the commercial-sounding IEMs of late.

I find that the Westone 4 comes close but it's still very unrefined and not as smooth compared to the Phonaks.

Tried the K3003i too. While it's a very nice pair of IEMs, the bass-heavy balance of the AKG just doesn't make it go well with portable devices.

From my experience, it's also safe to say that Shure SE-series can be ruled out too. The balance just isn't there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just wondering have you ever tried any of the FAD heaven iem's?

Oct 26, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #11 of 31
when i had my hisoundaudio daps, the W4 was superb, balanced, smooth, spacious.
some synergy needed betw the gears as usual. 
sold all since..:p

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #13 of 31
I think I will pass on the GR-10 since there doesn't seem to be much reviews on them here and the ones I have read upon doesn't really seem to fit my preferences. They also seem to be much more expensive than the other choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back