iem with deep insertion (like etymotic)
Sep 27, 2018 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

magicalmouse

500+ Head-Fier
I have a pair of etymotic er4xr and get a great seal, i struggle to get a consistently good seal with my shure se535 - i have tried all the tips.

What i want know :

are there any other iems that have deeper insertion other than etymotic?

thanks d

Sep 27, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #3 of 10
I have a pair of etymotic er4xr and get a great seal, i struggle to get a consistently good seal with my shure se535 - i have tried all the tips.

What i want know :

are there any other iems that have deeper insertion other than etymotic?

thanks d

Custom ear tips made by sensaphonic for shure etc?

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #5 of 10
Let’s get back to this to this topic. I use Etymotic ER4XR’s and have used Shure 525’s. I’d also be interested in an iem that provides similar deep insertion and isolation to the ER4XR or Klipsch x11/12, but a bit more pronounced bass/mid bass so I don’t have to EQ. I have Klipsch x11’s but they sound too muddy and I do prefer the fit of the Etymotics and Klipsch over Shures. Any more suggestions?

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #6 of 10
Just buy a set of customs? Isolation is so good you wont even hear the truck coming whose rolling over you.

Thecustomart fibae black could suit

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #7 of 10
Just buy a set of customs? Isolation is so good you wont even hear the truck coming whose rolling over you.

Thecustomart fibae black could suit
Seems interesting, but I once had custom fit casing made for my Shure 525’s and it resulted in a poorer fit and isolation than just using universal Complys, so I don’t have good experiences with customs...

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #8 of 10
Nowadays with 3d printing etc it wont make any problems. And if the fit is poor - send it back and they‘ll fix it.

I did buy 6 customs over the years and all of en were spot on. No matter from which company

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #9 of 10
I took a look at the The custom art Fibae black and it seems that they might be a candidate with universal tips. The angle of the nozzle seems to be steep enough. I have found out that the angle of the nozzle needs to be right to get a deep enough insertion. Recent Shures seem to be too near 90 degree angle and thus don’t insert we’ll enough.

Jun 21, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #10 of 10
Also i would not recommend any shure (beside the electrostaic system) because i dont thin they are technically on par anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back