IEM which too pick
Jan 27, 2013 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

georgebuchs

Head-Fier
Hi I am really thinking about getting the eph100 my understanding is that they have a really good bass. good mids. And OK highs .I listen to hiphop,rap,R&b,and dub step I use a Fiio E6 amp and iPod nano 6th gen with 320kps.The only thing stopping me is the fit and comfort of these what is it like is it really bad or what.Also I had monster turbines and was very happy with them so how do they compair to the eph100.Also these are some other IEM I have been looking at ` klipsch image x10 and shure se215`what are they like which would you choose

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi I am really thinking about getting the eph100 my understanding is that they have a really good bass. good mids. And OK highs .I listen to hiphop,rap,R&b,and dub step I use a Fiio E6 amp and iPod nano 6th gen with 320kps.The only thing stopping me is the fit and comfort of these what is it like is it really bad or what.Also I had monster turbines and was very happy with them so how do they compair to the eph100.Also these are some other IEM I have been looking at ` klipsch image x10 and shure se215`what are they like which would you choose

I would go for the EPH100 (emphasized low end with good sub-bass, well-balanced mids with some warmth, and nicely extending but very smooth highs, a bit shallower than others, but the best of all of the above). They are very comfortable and the fit works well. Haven't heard any complaints about them aesthetically. Klipsch X10 is a bit more comfortable IMO because it's just so sleek. Sound is pretty good on them (large bass quantity for a BA, warm mids, smooth but shallow highs) but I'd still choose the EPH-100 over them in terms of sound. I do not recommend the SE215 because they aren't very comfortable, and the extension is not very impressive. In conclusion, go for the EPH-100. Huge improvement over Turbines

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for answer on different forum i asked same question and got this answer
"I have owned all 3, and currently have the X10 and SE215. The EPH100 has the best overall SQ and best presentation of the 3. However for rap and hip hop, as well longevity, I would recommend the SE215. They have punchier bass and a more forward vocal presentation. I find the X10 to be the best of the 3 for electronic music. The EPH100 is the most natural sounding but I think the bass impact might be on the light side for a hip hop lover; they will sound great, no doubt, but the 215 has a stronger build, replaceable cables, and is just one step behind sonically. If pure sound quality is all you care about, go with the EPH or X10, but if you want an IEM that will sound almost as good and probably last a lot longer, go with the Shures."
Quote:

Would you say any of this is true also hate the way se215 go over ear  thanks 

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #4 of 6
As someone who owns the EPH100 and I own some more bass heavy sets like the Sony MH1C and the Brainwavz R1... the EPH100 has plenty of bass (especially with a Fiio amp). I haven't heard the Shures or the Klipsch, but I can't imagine the Klipsch having a better soundstage or 3D presentation since its a single BA in a very compact enclosure. In terms of comfort, the EPH100 are the most comfortable headphones I currently own (the Sennheiser CX150s that I gave away were the most comfortable because they were REALLY tiny) and I use them for 4-6 hours at a time at work and never get soreness or fatigue.

The build quality on the Yamaha's are quite good... better than the other's I own.

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #6 of 6
The Klipsch X10 has signature Klipsch warm sound(more like Grado type with more on bassy side) with good punchy bass and if you liked turbine then you may like IEMs more because they share same soundsignature like GR07, JVC FXD80, EPH100, TF 10Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back