IEM to replace Monster Miles Davis Tributes <$400
Feb 18, 2014 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rakster

New Head-Fier
I've had the Monster Miles Davis Tributes for the past few years and loved them, but the wiring is shot.  They're discontinued as are the Trumpets so all I can get is another Monster product (nothing interests me) or a $300 cash refund (after bitching at customer service).

Prior to my MMDT, I had q-jays and liked them a lot.  But I LOVED the MMDT due to the increased bass, warmth, and comfort, with great mids.  I thought the detail and soundstage were pretty good, treble could be better.  Used them straight from iPod or Samsung Galaxy S3.

Listen mostly to rock, metal (heavy fast stuff), alternative, and occasionally hip-hop/rap and dance/trance.  Most listening at the gym so need good isolation.

Looking for something of similar quality to MMDT, preferably under $400.  Looking at UE900, SM64, Westone 3/4, and Shure 535 - but open to suggestions.  Maybe Dunu? I wouldn't mind something a bit more detailed than the MMDT, but still with the same hefty bass slam when called upon.  I like bass, but don't want bloated bass.  Looking for detail and good extension with some slam.

Thanks!

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #3 of 3
I have similar product and I loved it.  Headphone is flaking and cable is giving up so I called Monster 2 weeks ago and I was told that it will be replaced with a trumpet.  Of course I wasn't happy because Tribute is better (and more expensive) than the Trumpet.  Although I have not owned Shure SE535, based on the reviews, it should be comparable if not better than the MMD Tribute. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back