Iem that's straight down with detachable cables
Dec 22, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #2 of 10
I think the shure se series with the separate headset cable could be worn straight down. The headset cable connector is 90 degrees. Earphone solutions I think sells them together as a kit.

Dec 22, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #5 of 10
shure doesnt work that well since its mainly angled for around the ears

im at like a $100 budget
Alots of people like u mistaken that shure cable is angled i own th 215 and 315 what u need to do is just pull the both righ and left cable down hard together when u wear it's over your ears and it will be 100% straight down

Dec 23, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
Alots of people like u mistaken that shure cable is angled i own th 215 and 315 what u need to do is just pull the both righ and left cable down hard together when u wear it's over your ears and it will be 100% straight down

That's really damaging to the strain relief on the earpieces, and could permanently damage the IEMs after long-term stress. Best to reverse the channels (had an app for my iTouch, forgot what it's called), then flip the earpiece orientation, so that the cable goes straight down without any bending. Agree on the SE215, they would do well for the OP's music genres.

There's also the IE8/80 as mentioned, as well as the ER4 series. Haven't heard them, but the VC02 seem to have detachable cables for a pretty cheap price. and from the looks of the design, they can be worn straight down. Might want to look into that.

Dec 23, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #7 of 10
As mentioned, the IE80 can only be worn straight down if you swap the Left and Right earphones. I wear them like this sometimes, if my glasses are on and I'm listening for long periods. As Twin mentioned, you'd have to swap the channels for true audio satisfaction (I don't swap the channels though :p), and sadly it's out of budget, at about $270 from Amazon Germany. I don't really have a perfect recommendation for your dilemma, cable-down detachable 'phones are quite rare. I guess I would recommend saving up for the IE80s, which I really like. Good luck!

Dec 23, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #9 of 10
vsonic vc-02 is the only iem with straight down detachable cables under 100$, they are about 45 $ or something like that. should sound good for the OPs genre preferences...

Dec 23, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #10 of 10
Panasonic HJE900 is one to consider, though theyre discontinued and fairly hard to find now. There are a few in the FS forums though.

There's also a couple of Xears' products, XPA2PRO and XWF600, which can be had for ~$57 after a coupon code. I have no idea how good they sound though; might want to have a look in the Xears Appreciation thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back