IEM Storage
Mar 24, 2007 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

ekinwang

Head-Fier
Hello All,

I'm very new to "nice" IEMs and was wondering what is the prefered method of storage and transport for these headphones? With my old sony's and shures, i tend to just wrap around my player and go. With UM2s coming my way, I want to protect them as best as possible and hopefully keep them running strong for a long while.

Thanks!

Mar 24, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #3 of 21
You wrapped your Shures around the player? O.o

I kept mine in an Altoids-ish container, but I was told the metal casing does bad thing to the drivers/cables if oxidation sets in. Still doing it now though.

Mar 24, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by radioactive28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You wrapped your Shures around the player? O.o

I kept mine in an Altoids-ish container, but I was told the metal casing does bad thing to the drivers/cables if oxidation sets in. Still doing it now though.

i am guessing wrapping it around the player is not a preferred method
redface.gif

for some weird reason, i am always afraid that plugging/un plugging would damage the player and/or the headphones

Mar 25, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #8 of 21
I love pelican's little water tight boxes. Can throw the phones, extra sleeves, Ipod, whatever into them. Comes in lots of colors and sizes.

Mar 25, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ekinwang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am guessing wrapping it around the player is not a preferred method
redface.gif

for some weird reason, i am always afraid that plugging/un plugging would damage the player and/or the headphones

Unless your player is completely cylindrical, the edges of the player isn't good for the cables. I hope you don't stuff the cable and player together into a pocket as well, seems like the fastest way to kill earphones.

The plugging/unplugging part kills if you yank out from the cable instead of actually pulling on the plug portion.

Mar 25, 2007 at 5:36 AM Post #13 of 21
My CX300's and my g2 ipod shuffle fit comfortably together inside an Altoids Gum tin.

Mar 25, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #14 of 21
I usually store my UM2's in the case that came with them. Protects them from damage and dust.

Mar 25, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #15 of 21
I store my Super.fis in the UE case (older version). At home I keep them in air tight container with silica gel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back