IEM Spec
Oct 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Nameless87

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I need a good set of IEMs

My budget is about £40.

Will be used with my new HTC Desire HD and for work on company's pc (just onboard soundcard). At home I have the Sennheiser HD 595 and the Auzentech X-fi Forte soundcard, but the IEMs will rarely be used on my home pc...

I listen to almost everything except techno
tongue.gif

Occasionaly I will watch movies/movie clips on my desire HD.

This will be my first IEMs and I have no idea where to start looking or what brands.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #2 of 10
What do you want them to sound like? Personally I like accuracy, since I already have warmer coloured 'musical' headphones. Isolation is also a priority if you are on the go in a noisy environment,

The Etymotic Mc5 satisfied both of these requirements for me, and Etymotic earphones in general have better isolation and more accurate frequency response than do their competitors.

Oct 20, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #7 of 10
Now I'm considering the RE0 as well

They are both available for £60 from Amazon UK

So which ones should I get? I really need some help as I'm new to IEMs, never had one before

Thanks

Oct 20, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #8 of 10
The RE0 has some disadvantages when it is compared to the Etymotic Mc5

-Isolation: Testing has provided significant proof of this
-Accuracy: Etymotic earphones, at this price range, follow the human ear equal loudness contour most closely.
-Durability: Search for "broken mc5", you don't find much, do this for the RE0 however, and you get a lot of user reports of broken earphones.

Conversely, the Mc5 has those three things to it's advantage, so I would suggest getting them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back