Iem shape question
Oct 16, 2019 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

chucknoel2015

Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

first time poster
New to this community, newbie who owns only the fiio fh7 and fh1. all I know is i love music and i deeply enjoy music. listening at least 3 hours a day. i just want to ask help of how to classify or how do you call this kind of earphone shape like this https://fiio.com/fh1. i personally think this earphone shape is the best for my ear, yes sometimes it gives me ear pressure for prolong use, but something like fh7 isnt really a thing for me, i bought fh7 as an upgrade for my fh1 but it just doesnt sit in my ears no matter what ear tips i use and its really bothering to bought an iem like this expensive and constantly adjusting my ears every 2 mins specially when im moving. sorry for my grammar, english isnt my first language. but id appreciate any help please as i dont want to spend another iem that for me cost a lot for me since im just a listener and in no way knows a lot about audophile scene. thank you very much and Godbless you everyone.

Oct 16, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #2 of 6
Hi everyone,

first time poster
New to this community, newbie who owns only the fiio fh7 and fh1. all I know is i love music and i deeply enjoy music. listening at least 3 hours a day. i just want to ask help of how to classify or how do you call this kind of earphone shape like this https://fiio.com/fh1. i personally think this earphone shape is the best for my ear, yes sometimes it gives me ear pressure for prolong use, but something like fh7 isnt really a thing for me, i bought fh7 as an upgrade for my fh1 but it just doesnt sit in my ears no matter what ear tips i use and its really bothering to bought an iem like this expensive and constantly adjusting my ears every 2 mins specially when im moving. sorry for my grammar, english isnt my first language. but id appreciate any help please as i dont want to spend another iem that for me cost a lot for me since im just a listener and in no way knows a lot about audophile scene. thank you very much and Godbless you everyone.

I dunno how do u term these IEM shell shapes but I know what u mean.
There's this thread here where they are discussing about those shells that are bigger causing discomfort:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...ressions-thread.909718/page-156#post-15245082

Basically your Fiio FH1 is a smaller shell shape that sits well in the ear with no protruding bits. The Westones and Shures that I use are similarly shaped and very very comfortable.

Then u have your Fiio FH7 and Audiosense T800 (in the above thread) which are a bit larger and may press on the ear. I think the best advise is that u look at images and reviews of IEMs you wanna buy and ask the others here on the comfort level before purchase.

What I found that helps fit these larger shell type IEMs is to use a longer nozzle eartip (such as spinfits), that elevates the shell away from the ear so it doesn't press on the ear. You can try it with your Fiio FH7, YMMV.

Oct 16, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #3 of 6
I dunno how do u term these IEM shell shapes but I know what u mean.
There's this thread here where they are discussing about those shells that are bigger causing discomfort:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...ressions-thread.909718/page-156#post-15245082

Basically your Fiio FH1 is a smaller shell shape that sits well in the ear with no protruding bits. The Westones and Shures that I use are similarly shaped and very very comfortable.

Then u have your Fiio FH7 and Audiosense T800 (in the above thread) which are a bit larger and may press on the ear. I think the best advise is that u look at images and reviews of IEMs you wanna buy and ask the others here on the comfort level before purchase.

What I found that helps fit these larger shell type IEMs is to use a longer nozzle eartip (such as spinfits), that elevates the shell away from the ear so it doesn't press on the ear. You can try it with your Fiio FH7, YMMV.

Hello,
First off thank u for ur reply. I really appreciate this. First off i just like to clarify the two iems i own
Fh1 - shape is best for my ear,cause ear discomfort overtime,best isolation and fit (very good sq because it fits in my ear so good - discomfort)
Fh7-best sounding of course but regardless of any eartips it doesnt stay in my ear. Come loose when listening to it and im walking. The comfort is very good

Oct 16, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #4 of 6
This is what fh1 looks like sitting in my ear. Il upload the fh7 on my ear when i get home but i really hope im being understood :frowning2:

Attachments

• 20191016_231834.jpg
    20191016_231834.jpg
    542.9 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back