IEM Score List 2023 - What's Your Favorite IEM?
Sep 28, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #166 of 379
I'm voting for the Noble Encore reviews too :)

Oct 25, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #167 of 379
ugh. I've had a quick store time with the S-Em9 and they sound SUPER musical and DETAILED. They have more wallet ouch than my Oriolus. Hey @Virtu Fortuna - have you had the chance to check out the new Earsonics ES5?!?!? It seems they've got a S-EM9 junoir model, being the ES5. http://www.earsonics.com/store/produit/es5/

it'd be on my checklist once my dap rolling rampage has calmed down! :xf_mad:

Oct 25, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #168 of 379
ugh. I've had a quick store time with the S-Em9 and they sound SUPER musical and DETAILED. They have more wallet ouch than my Oriolus. Hey @Virtu Fortuna - have you had the chance to check out the new Earsonics ES5?!?!? It seems they've got a S-EM9 junoir model, being the ES5. http://www.earsonics.com/store/produit/es5/

Hey man, thanks for the post.

Unfortunately I couldn't listen to it yet, and I doubt I will in near future. I can try to ask a pair from Max to review but it's quite hard to receive samples from Earsonics.

Dec 20, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #172 of 379
Only read good things about T8ie mk2 especially about comfort.

Dec 20, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #173 of 379
Great and detailed reviews... thank you so much for making this thread...

For me, after reading many and many reviews about IEMs, I finally decided to buy one of: SE846 or Oriolus V2. (actually my target IEM with around 1000$ price, and with good bass, and quality sound overall)
I was surprised (and maybe happy :D) that you gave the Oriolus 10/10 on lowfr. I heard that it is so good overall, and has decent bass, but not comparable to SE846's bass? I wish someone correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #176 of 379
846 is faster and hits harder decay is non existent. The oriolus is more textured soft and natural also has better balance with the rest of the frequencies, a kick drum sounds like a kick drum albiet with the pillow inside, to my ears having bass produced by a ba is unnaturally clear and fast and not what I am used to hearing when I go to live shows.

Dec 21, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #179 of 379

ES5 are not too similar IMO, though maybe in the same neighborhood in terms of broad signature that some have called 'W' shape (but some more oddities in mids/upper mids), to me the overall effect is quite different.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #180 of 379
ES5 are not too similar IMO, though maybe in the same neighborhood in terms of broad signature that some have called 'W' shape (but some more oddities in mids/upper mids), to me the overall effect is quite different.
Do share your thoughts mate, where do they differ the most??? My local store had yet to get the new model...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back