IEM Recommendation (with preferences) ~$300
Nov 11, 2011 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Zezae

New Head-Fier
Hey. I've been looking into IEM's simply because I never bought any real quality ones before and I often feel they'd be useful to have for certain situations. Most genres I listen to are J-pop, K-pop, Classical, Trance, and Metal. (lol) (that's why it's hard for me to decide)

So far I have been looking at either VSonic GR07, TF10, TWF21 DDM, Westone 3, IE7/8, or Stax SR-001. (No I would not care / mind having to carry around the amplifier for the Stax at all)

EDIT: I'd like a bit more than moderate bass at times for some pop songs but I don't want this to negatively impact the other genres (this is why I was considering IE8 as it is adjustable, but some people have said the bass is too much even at the lowest setting. I've never heard them though, so.. maybe something that responds well to EQ would be safer.)

Going to buy it around Christmas time

Thanks

Nov 11, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #2 of 7
Why not settle for some Brainwavz M2?  They can be found for $60 and are awesome for that price.  They are built really well and do not suffer from build issues like the awesome sounding UE700.  They are slightly bass heavy which fits your frequency response tastes.  I listen to them all of the time and really find them an amazing value for $60.

Hopefully you have already been here, but just in case, check it out:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-186-iems-compared-xears-nature-n3i-xe200pro-added-8-01

Nov 11, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #3 of 7
one thread just like yours I just recommended e-Q5 by ortofons
DDM2 are not going to be at your taste, as they are bass heavy just like IE8
e-Q5 or eq7 amazing punchy base.

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #4 of 7
Add the Triple Fi 10 to that list

Nov 12, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I heard about how M2 was great for the price and I never read the full review until now and it sounds like pretty much exactly what I wanted, but the E-Q5 does too. I'm maybe leaning towards trying out the M2 first and seeing how satisfied I am with it since it's only $60

and of course, the TF10 I've looked into but a bit worried about the common fit issues. especially because of my fit OCD. Even when I wear my T50RP I get a feeling my left ear is not perfectly aligned the exact same as the right, lol

Nov 12, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #6 of 7
The GR07 might be a good choice. If you are patient enough try and wait for the IE80 impressions. From what I'm hearing it doesn't have the IE8s veil weakness which was the biggest issue. Not so sure about the mid bass but I was told bass is tighter. Then again it's always better to eq down than up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back