IEM Recommendation Under 60usd
May 13, 2023 at 2:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

vincentshinjiru

New Head-Fier
My previous IEMs are tfz t2 ( bassy v-shape) and the hype blon 03
I want to have a more details on the instruments and vocals without sacrificing too much oompf and rumble from the low end.

So far these are what I'm looking at
KZ ZS10 Pro X, TinHifi T3 Plus, Cadenza and probably risking the pr2 kz hbb since im used to dynamic driver I may or may not like the sound of planar and I only have like a cheap dongle.

on my basshead side I also considering QKZ x HBB, CCA HM20, Kbear Rosefinch, but can't tell if these have big difference in the details and clarity of the iems I mentioned above.
If you have more reco please do so <3

May 13, 2023 at 4:21 AM Post #2 of 9
I use the Truthear Crinnacle Zero which is Harman curve tuned and couldn't recommend anything more in the price range. Really comfortable too for wearing all day. Can even game with them using a low shelf filter to lower everything below 120hz by 3db so explosions in game aren't too loud.

May 13, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #3 of 9
I use the Truthear Crinnacle Zero which is Harman curve tuned and couldn't recommend anything more in the price range. Really comfortable too for wearing all day. Can even game with them using a low shelf filter to lower everything below 120hz by 3db so explosions in game aren't too loud.
Try puting autoeq of my blon 03 to zero graph tuning, it sounds wierd to me its like the lows have different tuning then the mids feels forward but flat

Jul 5, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #4 of 9
Apparently, the new Fiio JD11 is the improved Blon BL-03 many wanted. The sound is very close, but the overall build and fit is better. I've owned the BL-01, 05s, mini , all fun with the 05S being very easy on the ears - natural, organic sound.

I am actually comparing the QKZ HBB Khan and the Kbear Rosefinch alongside a 7Hz Legato, Shuoer S12, ER2XR.

The Rosefinch is awesome. Hits harder than the Legato. The Legato is overall more refined and smoother, The Rosefinch has a peak, not necessarily overly sharp, but it is just an incredible IEM for the price.

Compared to the Legato, S12, & Rosefinch - HBB Khan are the overall winner in the overall accuracy of tone. The mid-range and treble are excellent. Tucking in the 200Hz is something you need to hear. It brings a lot more clarity to the lower mid-range. Very, very well-tuned IEM. Except, there is one thing that might be a plus or minus for some listeners - the bass on the Khan. It hits low, and stays low. This might initially put some people off who have been used to hearing a more curved bass to mid-range transition. It sounds like a tuned subwoofer in a recording studio. Except the sub has been notched up so you can get into the music. It could be a bit too much for listeners that want more accuracy.

The mid-range and treble on the Khan - especially when used with quality Spatial DSP or gaming using 3d audio - can sound outright holographic.

To the Rosefinch. These are the real performance-to-value winners and the lowest priced. These should be in the kit of anyone who remotely likes both sub-bass and mid bass. They punch so hard with an addictive v-shaped tuning. Yes, less natural, and more vivid. They can still sound massive, and their brightness brings a sound reminiscent of going to a warehouse party (one with great PA). But this is a very clear and well-performing driver. It sounds a bit rough/abrasive but just at the fringe, enough to spark more life into sound. Surprisingly good - even after having expectations going in. Easily one of my favourite IEMs. The build is decent! Cable is fine, but I put my old Blessing 2 cable on it.

So about that accuracy thing - it's fine, but consider some music tends to sound more energetic with a tuning like the Rosefinch. So which is more realistic regarding tuning might be relative to the music style & current mood.

Still, the HBB is objectively more transparent in presentation, and truer to a more baseline room tuning of speakers.
I highly recommend the Khans if you don't have this type of accuracy in another set. However, they do take a bit more oomph to drive, but don't be too discouraged as an iPhone dongle can still power sufficiently and at a solidly loud volume. I got them at 75-80% on an iPhone 6S (great dac amp for a phone) and they sound loud.

You can see hear how they compare, and the Khan is the different one out of the bunch:
https://ianfann.squig.link/?share=K...TO,QKZ_X_HBB_KHAN,LETSHUOER_S12_PRO,QKZ_X_HBB

Jul 5, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #5 of 9
Have you consdidered the 1More Triple Driver? There known for their balanced sound signature with a punchy and impactful bass response. They offer good clarity and detail throughout the frequency range.

Jul 18, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #6 of 9
Jul 18, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #7 of 9
My previous IEMs are tfz t2 ( bassy v-shape) and the hype blon 03
I want to have a more details on the instruments and vocals without sacrificing too much oompf and rumble from the low end.

So far these are what I'm looking at
KZ ZS10 Pro X, TinHifi T3 Plus, Cadenza and probably risking the pr2 kz hbb since im used to dynamic driver I may or may not like the sound of planar and I only have like a cheap dongle.

on my basshead side I also considering QKZ x HBB, CCA HM20, Kbear Rosefinch, but can't tell if these have big difference in the details and clarity of the iems I mentioned above.
If you have more reco please do so <3
Hey!. Well, from your description you're looking for something less v-shaped because you want instrument and vocal details and you'd like something that could satisfy your basshead side.

Seems to me you're a lucky guy because the Truthear Zero: RED may be your answer. I like a nice vocal presentation and it delivers, with a good tonality. The interesting thing is that it comes with a 10 ohms impedance adapter that increases the bass to basshead levels (which I don't enjoy too much) but keeps the remaining frequencies untouched.

It costs $55: https://www.amazon.com/Fanmusic-TRUTHEAR-Crinacle-Zero-Headphone/dp/B0C5QWMGM6

Jul 24, 2023 at 10:24 PM Post #9 of 9
I would recommend the Reecho SG01 OVA. It's amazing what you get for 50$. In my opinion, the vocals are on-par with the 7hz Timeless, maybe even better if you like something brighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back