IEM recommendation for iPod, $100 limit
Jan 10, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #18 of 30
If you can get the super.fi 5 pro for $139 then by all means get it... its definitely worth it. I also have heard the ER4P can be had for $149 from a few places now. Those would be my choice if I were you even over the super.fi. Those two phone are definitely worth the extra 40 or 50 bucks. But for under a $100, I was very happy with the ER-6i when I bought it. I have also heard great things about the super.fi 3 for the money. Either one is good. I would pick one of those two if $100 was my limit. Out of the headphones that I have here, I like the ER4P the best, then the Super.fi 5 Pro, then the ER-6i. havent heard the SF3 yet though.

Jan 10, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crossroads Mylarone X3i's. $57.00. They outperform most of the ones on your list, if not all of them. Burn-in time is MANDATORY, however.

I agree that the X3i sound amazing, but the build quality is garbage. I have had mine for two months anf the cable already split. I keep it in the case 90% of the time!

Jan 10, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckybaer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been impressed with the ATH-CK7.

I had to mod the sleeves a bit (pack the outside with cotton), but it gave me much fuller bass.

x2. I use them with the UE foamies and they’re great. I had the chance to quickly compare them to the Mylar X3 and X3i and they’re far better in my opinion.

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #22 of 30
There's a big sale at one of the computer stores in downtown Toronto until the end of January - they're selling Ultimate Ears, v-moda, and Westone cans for 30% off. I'll let you all know what my friend ends up getting.

Jan 11, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiWire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a big sale at one of the computer stores in downtown Toronto until the end of January - they're selling Ultimate Ears, v-moda, and Westone cans for 30% off. I'll let you all know what my friend ends up getting.

Just wondering what store is this and whats the address?

Jan 11, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #25 of 30
The sale is being held at BeamEcho, formerly CPUsed, at their 488 Dupont Street location. They'll be moving out at the end of the month, so they're trying to clear out their inventory. Go and buy headphones for cheap!

www.beamecho.com - check their Clearance section.

Jan 11, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by aureus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2. I use them with the UE foamies and they’re great. I had the chance to quickly compare them to the Mylar X3 and X3i and they’re far better in my opinion.

x3

My favorite of the bunch is the Audiotechnica ATH-CK7. I own the Sony EX90, Panasonic HJE70, and have the ER6i and ER4S currently

I've heard the ER6i, UM1, all the Shures, Creative, JBL, and the CK7 is my favorite general purpose earbud for sound, size, build quality and price.

Jan 11, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The UE 5 Pro only comes in Red at that price though.

If your friend wanted customs, maybe the single driver FreQs?

I't is Clear now that's the cheapest.

Jan 12, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiWire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sale is being held at BeamEcho, formerly CPUsed, at their 488 Dupont Street location. They'll be moving out at the end of the month, so they're trying to clear out their inventory. Go and buy headphones for cheap!

BeamEcho | Toronto's choice for Apple, iPod and personal audio - check their Clearance section.

Im thinking of visiting this store soon. Have you been there yet? Is there lots left?

Jan 12, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by aureus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They're really comfortable and they look classy, too.

Of the headphones I own, I think they might give me the best bang for the buck. The Floyd Mayweather of headphones.

Jan 26, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #30 of 30
Well I am new to this, but I think the Denon AH-C351k is a very nice pair of headphones and hard to believe they cost merely $50

Excellent bass response and some of the best sound staging I have heard, period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back