IEM Recomendation arround 20$
Jan 30, 2016 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

MAntunes

100+ Head-Fier
Hello guys, I was looking for some new IEMs and I came across this forum.
I like detailed sound and I'm not much of a bass-head.
I would like IEMs with a nice build construction and don't care about a microphone.
I listen to a bit of everything, but mainly rock/metal. I will use them with my smartphone (Nokia Lumia 925) and my computer.
The models I came across are:
 - Xiaomi Hybrid
 - KZ ED9
 - KZ HDS1

I'm from Portugal and I willing to buy online and wait some time.
Thank you for your attention.

Jan 30, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #2 of 22
Consider: 

Xiaomi Piston III
Brainwavz Delta
Panasonic RPTCM125 / Panasonic RPHJE120 - The first version has a microphone, the other doesnt but its cheaper, same product.
Sony MDR-EX100AP

Hope I helped you out 
smile.gif

Jan 30, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #4 of 22
Well, I would get either the Brainwavz Delta or a 2 pack of the Panasonic RPHJE120 ($11.95). Since these are utility IEM, and you might lose or break them at any time (this doesnt mean their build quality is bad), well, Id preffer the Panasonic ones, and I actually ordered a 2 pack at amazon. Concerning to sound quality, Id say the Brainwavz is slightly, just slightly better, according to all the reviews Ive read, but stills, 2 pairs of respectable headphones for 12 bucks is the real deal.

Jan 30, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #5 of 22
I recently jumped the hype train on the KZ Ate but I'm still waiting for it (aliexpress).

Another IEM you could consider is the Sony Mh1c, I got one from Amazon.it for €17, and so far I can only agree with the claim made by others. They impressed me for quality\value. I must say that I am a little bass loving (not basshead, just liking some warm signatures).

Jan 31, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #6 of 22
  Well, I would get either the Brainwavz Delta or a 2 pack of the Panasonic RPHJE120 ($11.95). Since these are utility IEM, and you might lose or break them at any time (this doesnt mean their build quality is bad), well, Id preffer the Panasonic ones, and I actually ordered a 2 pack at amazon. Concerning to sound quality, Id say the Brainwavz is slightly, just slightly better, according to all the reviews Ive read, but stills, 2 pairs of respectable headphones for 12 bucks is the real deal.

Skip the HJE120 it is very bass deficient, and quite inneficient. The Panasonic HJE450 in white is just $13 on Amazon. It has plenty of bass, and sounds so much better than the HJE120. Since you are in Portugal shipping might be quite high. See if you can get it on ebay with cheaper shipping. 

Jan 31, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #8 of 22
Yes, buying from amazon will make me pay more for the postage than the IEM's.. That's why I was looking towards the chinese brands (KZ, Xiaomi, etc), as I said in the first post.
But thank you for your opinions.

Feb 10, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #12 of 22
  Ive heard about the VE Monk, a 5 bucks IEM, wich looks awful but, according to reviews, has some glorious sound.

Why not?

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #13 of 22
How abut the new Mee RX18? I haven't heard it, however it has gotten excellent reviews.

Feb 25, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #14 of 22
If you like stuff like the Klipsch S4, the RX18 are awesome. I love mine! Xiaomi Piston 3 is mad overrated and I've read similar stuff about the Hybrid. If the RX18 had a better cable and a mic with controls for around $30 USD, I'd be sold all day. 

Feb 26, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #15 of 22
The KZ headphones are your best bet. Zircon is your other option to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back