IEM or portable cans to go with Pico+D2
Aug 25, 2008 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

renugaid

100+ Head-Fier
As the title states, which IEMs or portables have good synergy with the Pico? I'm using my Cowon D2 as a source and am currently looking towards the se530 vs Triple Fi 10 vs the Image X10 IEMs. Which of these would benefit most from the Pico as an amp? Without the amp I'd personally go for the se530 based on aesthetics, but it seems that doesn't have spectacular synergy with the Pico.

I currently use a MD5000 but that is an absolute pain to lug around in public. Tried it once and now its settled back into its place on my home rig.

So people who've listened to any good portable can+pico combinations, please leave a comment and a recommendation.

Cheers,

renugaid

Aug 25, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #2 of 5
If you get IEMs like the SE530 or the TF10s you won't need an amp between them and your D2. That's a good thing.
tongue.gif

Aug 25, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you get IEMs like the SE530 or the TF10s you won't need an amp between them and your D2. That's a good thing.
tongue.gif

really? So the D2 is that capable huh?

Aug 26, 2008 at 7:51 AM Post #4 of 5
any other recommendations?

Aug 26, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by renugaid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
really? So the D2 is that capable huh?

It doesn't really need to be capable. Those IEMs are very easy to drive. All an amp would do coming from the headphone out of your D2 is degrade the signal a little.

If you're looking for colouration or something, the D2 has excellent EQ flexibility from what I've heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back