IEM in 100 USD range
Sep 12, 2010 at 3:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

doublehelix

New Head-Fier
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here to the forums even though I have read some of Head-Fi's reviews.

I own a Cowon S9 and Sansa clip+. Currently I use Sennheiser CX 300 II and Soundmagic PL 30. I am not a critical listener and I listen to possibly all types of music (mostly rock and pop).

Suggest me a good upgrade from the above mentioned IEMs in the range of $100. I need best possible isolation and good bass quality.

-doublehelix

Sep 12, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #2 of 6
I suggest you take a good look at this:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-105-iems-compared-phiaton-ps210-yamaha-eph-50-pioneer-clx50-added-09-08

Sep 12, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
Suggest me a good upgrade from the above mentioned IEMs in the range of $100. I need best possible isolation and good bass quality.

-doublehelix

If i were you, i would look into the etymotic mc3/mc5 and the phonak pfe012. These both offer very good isolation but might lack a little in bass quantity (not in quality) to your ears after using the cx300ii. That's not necessarily a bad thing though as they offer allot more detail than your previous iems.

Sep 12, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 6
Check out the HJE900. It's currently available for 78 from J&R. Bass is big in quantity and quality, and Isolation is average(should be about equal to your Senns, I think). Can't think of anything explicitly better under a hundred bucks.

Sep 12, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #5 of 6
After going through the comparison of 105 IEM link, I think Fischer audio Eterna might suit me very well with good isolation and for fun. What you guys think?

However the Panasonic's from JR.com seems a great deal though :)

Sep 14, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #6 of 6
The Eterna would sure be a good choice but the problem for you is, so are the HJE900s.
wink_face.gif

If you want more bass, go for the Eternas, they're very famous around here, but if you'd want your phones to last even longer than you, take the HJE900s, and mind you, that freakin' toughness comes with top- notch SQ, and removable cables too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back